Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do You Belong to Any Other Quilting Message Boards? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-belong-any-other-quilting-message-boards-t202731.html)

nhweaver 10-09-2012 05:13 AM

Do You Belong to Any Other Quilting Message Boards?

I have just discovered that there is a whole world of quilting information boards out there. I just signed up for the HGTV one, are there any others that you cannot help yourself from visiting frequently. I love all the information here, and the sharing. I do not belong to a guild (the politics raise my blood pressure, and I quilt for fun not for the gossip and back stabing), so for me, you all are my guild friends.

Even blogs about quilting, which ones are the best?

nygal 10-09-2012 05:18 AM

I have been active over at the HGTV boards for years and years...but when I found this one I now "live" here.

annthreecats 10-09-2012 05:19 AM

I belong to Quilting Haven, Missouri Star Quilt Company, and the quilting forums on Ravelry.

asimplelife 10-09-2012 05:45 AM

I belong to HGTV and some quilting groups on Yahoo.

Nhweaver, your comment about guilds makes me smile. I took my beginner's quilting classes from my LQS shortly after moving here about 10 years ago... I picked up enough "commentary" during the working part of the classes between the teacher and the employees which has stopped me every time I think about joining our local group. I prefer online with no strings attached!

QuiltnNan 10-09-2012 05:54 AM

i belong to several Yahoo groups, but rarely have a need to go there. this board is the BEST!

Tartan 10-09-2012 06:06 AM

I signed on for a basic member on www.thequiltshow but I rarely go there. This is my main board because QB is the best!

KalamaQuilts 10-09-2012 06:37 AM

I too paid a subscription to thequiltshow, and asked for my money back, just didn't feel the site was worth what they charged.
I know there are many boards, but this is the only one I use because I limit my on-line time to 2 hours a day.
The same subjects come up on all the board eventually...

SandScraps 10-09-2012 06:40 AM

I signed up for a few but rarely go there. This Board is my daily fix - I always leave here having learned something new, having smiled at the beauty of the masterpieces shared. Most appreciated is the positive feedback everyone gives and gets.

Murphy1 10-09-2012 06:54 AM

I explored the quilt world of blogs and belong to Myquiltplace.com which is free. I post my quilt pictures there so I have a place to store them, but this is where I spend each morning. I have learned so much from all of you and continued to be inspired by the quilts that are shared here. I also tried the quilt guild start up in our area and was disappointed, so you are all my quilt buddies. I love that the board has members from all over the world. Thank you to those that founded this wonderful site.

Bobbielinks 10-09-2012 06:58 AM

I belong to a couple of longarm groups; but this board is my favorite. I have met so many wonderful, sharing people on here.