Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

quiltnut4ever 07-18-2014 03:44 PM

Twin's boy and girl's quilts

6 Attachment(s)
On another note...I have been stating lately on two boards, this one and another one that I have been working on two quilts for a set of twins that were born in June of this year. They were born earlier but they are now home and doing well! I'd like to share the photos with you all. I will say that I impressed myself with this work that I told my friend that I wanted to keep them. That's how much beautiful they came out! I don't like bragging but I will say I'm very proud of how they came out. The first one is the baby girl quilt. The edges are embroidered in paisley flowers silver/purple and a paisley feather embroider from Embroidery Library online. The second quilt is for the boy and all four embroideries were also from emblibrary.com as well as the feather stitches in the corners. Both have their labels in the back. My fiancée took the photos so I apologize if you cannot make out the feather stitching but I wanted to share these all with you. Thank you for looking.

GrandmaSewNSew 07-18-2014 04:55 PM

Beautiful work, Quitnut! I'm looking to do more "quilting" on my embroidery machine. I think it looks great!

romanojg 07-21-2014 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by SingerSewer (Post 6804201)
Judy, I have the templates for the blocks along with design package. Do you think that will help on the Eiffel Tower?

I assume you went on a machine embroidery retreat. I had no idea there was such. I live a bit south of the middle of the USA. Where was the retreat?

I actually used my Brother cut n scan to cut out the fabrics for the dresses, purses, etc. The Eiffel Tower is easy, its just making sure you have the fabric laying the correct way in the hoop. All of it was easy. Some took the glasses and instead of using the black fabric like sunglasses they used like clouds as if that's what they were seeing. I always kind of do my own thing when it comes to fabric choices. I used furry fabric for the poodle for dimension. The retreat was something the store by me does every so many months. They just did a Christmas quilt for emb retreat. The retreat was for the weekend here in Suffolk Va. You can usually find thier classes on line or sign up for the newletter if you are interested. If you have any questions just pm me and it'll shoot me an email so you don't have to wait too long for an answer.

Quilty-Louise 08-29-2014 05:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
WOW not a single post since July 21st.

Just thought I would share my FIRST ever digitized design, using the
NEW Floriani Total Control-U software.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]489610[/ATTACH]

Melinda in Tulsa 08-29-2014 05:36 PM

Looks great! You did a really nice job.

blueheavenfla 08-29-2014 06:02 PM

Congratulations on a lovely piece of work! I am just learning the old FTCP and NEW Floriani Total Control-U software. My elderly brain is slow to grasp it but recently a "light bulb" went off and it is beginning to make more sense now. I have done a few VERY simple items but in time I may become proficient like you are. Again, great work, you are talented.:thumbup:
Donna

wolph33 08-30-2014 04:24 AM

That is so pretty.I have an embroidery machine also but have not used that function in years

JAGSD 08-30-2014 05:20 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Here are a few of my Embroidery attempts. I have a Husquavarna Viking Ruby, and use the Floriani Thread. The Horse Design on the vest is a Floriani design, the Antelope is from Embroidery Library. The Daisy flowers were embroidered using the Mylar product. The Butterflies, Cowgirls, Cowboys, and Hearts are a Purely Gates Design using the Mylar product also. Haven't actually gotten a project complete but have started many. Lol.... Oh also the windmill is Dakota Collectibles.

quiltnut4ever 08-30-2014 06:36 AM

Quilty Louise beautiful work! I've heard of the Floriani software and actually had a seminar that I had gone to about it but the cost for me is way too over however it does do a magnificent job! And as always you do great work :o

JAGSD, that is awesome work also! Love the hearts!

Melinda in Tulsa 08-30-2014 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by JAGSD (Post 6866031)
Here are a few of my Embroidery attempts. I have a Husquavarna Viking Ruby, and use the Floriani Thread. The Horse Design on the vest is a Floriani design, the Antelope is from Embroidery Library. The Daisy flowers were embroidered using the Mylar product. The Butterflies, Cowgirls, Cowboys, and Hearts are a Purely Gates Design using the Mylar product also. Haven't actually gotten a project complete but have started many. Lol.... Oh also the windmill is Dakota Collectibles.

all your embroidery is stunning but I absolutely adore the horses! Could you tell me how I could get that particular pattern?
Thanks,
melinda in Tulsa