Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

Sheilz 01-24-2015 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts (Post 7058542)
Ania755 ... I don't have the Janome, but I have a Husqvarna and I bought the hoop with the magnets ... LOVE LOVE LOVE it ... so much easier to move the fabric / quilt around and get that perfect placement without having to take it out of the hoop again! And when you are doing continuous borders, just slide that baby up, and slap on those magnets and hit start!!!

OMG - this is a eureka moment for me! Its just registered that I no longer need to struggle trying to squish a quilt under the top bit of the frame and having the magnets popping off in all directions! You must excuse me while I go bang my head against the table. I can't believe its taking me 8 mths to make this discovery! :shock::shock:

BeckyB 01-24-2015 09:22 PM

some projects I have done

8 Attachment(s)
Here are a few of the projects I have done lately

Sophie2 01-25-2015 04:43 AM

Be a little careful using canned air to clean out your machine. I have a Ruby Deluxe - Viking - and was told by my repair man to not use air. It can push the dust further under the machine and jam it into spots. I bought an attachment for my vacuum that I can stick under the bobbin case and get most of the dust. Also, the cold air produces moisture that can harm the machine.

romanojg 01-25-2015 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sophie2 (Post 7062753)
Be a little careful using canned air to clean out your machine. I have a Ruby Deluxe - Viking - and was told by my repair man to not use air. It can push the dust further under the machine and jam it into spots. I bought an attachment for my vacuum that I can stick under the bobbin case and get most of the dust. Also, the cold air produces moisture that can harm the machine.

This is all very true.

Crqltr 01-25-2015 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sophie2 (Post 7062753)

PO was told the same thing...after I used it, it did cause some problems.

labtechkty 01-25-2015 02:24 PM

Hello everyone,
I have the 6-d embroidery software and would love to use the express design wizard that comes with the program. Problem is that it's a hit and miss when creating the design. I am thinking it is the type of picture I'm trying to use that is giving me the problem. Is there anyone, who is familiar with the software or digitizes emb designs , that can give me a direction to the correct pictures or how to convert them to the right type of file ie bitmap, vector etc or just general info period..many thanks in advance..

Mrs Mike 01-26-2015 07:26 AM

Designer's Gallery has software called Quilt Label Works, I love it and use it all the time.

Hcim55 01-27-2015 04:42 AM

Kitty, I have found the best file to use is a vector...I have the best luck with .wmf files. I did bring the file into 6D's paint and did minimal clean up.

In in my experience the sales pitch gives you the idea that you can create an embroidery design from a pic in just a few short clicks...... And even though Vikings software has come a long ways.... There are a few steps that make your embroidery design successful.

i am sure there are many people on this site who are experts at this software....but you may pm me and I can share with you what I have learned.

Michelle

romanojg 01-27-2015 10:07 AM

Kitty, have you looked thru the tutorials on Vikings web-site, they have lots of them. The other site that has classes for this software4D thru 6 is mrpatienc.com, he has free tutes and also classes

labtechkty 01-27-2015 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Hcim55 (Post 7065601)
Kitty, I have found the best file to use is a vector...I have the best luck with .wmf files. I did bring the file into 6D's paint and did minimal clean up.

In in my experience the sales pitch gives you the idea that you can create an embroidery design from a pic in just a few short clicks...... And even though Vikings software has come a long ways.... There are a few steps that make your embroidery design successful.

i am sure there are many people on this site who are experts at this software....but you may pm me and I can share with you what I have learned.

Michelle

Thank you so much for you response, I will try the vector,wmf. files and see what happens..Thanks for your offer, I just might have to take you up on it..lol