Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

hobbykat1955 01-15-2017 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by donna13350 (Post 7741338)
Hobbycat....I learned a different method for hooping 3 layers..I only hoop the backing, then use spray glue to attach the the batting and top. Then I stick the 2 layers to the hooped backing.. Much easier to hoop. I pin the 3 layers together in a few spots around the perimeter, and use a basting stitch to secure everything. Does your machine have the basting stitch to stitch around the perimeter? If not, maybe pin it in a couple places where your needle won't hit the pins.

Thanks Donna 13350....great method and never thought of that...I do have a basting stitch...and sounds like the perfect solution...On my next quilt I'll give a go...

Rennie 01-19-2017 08:46 AM

Just wondering if anyone has the color list for an old Dakota Collectible design (really old !). It is the Serenity Prayer done in machine embroidered crossstitch. It has a lighthouse scene with the prayer. I have exhaustively searched the internet but cannot find the same design. Evidently when I transferred it from the original disk to my computer, the color file did not come, and I can't find my original old disk (before cd's). I have the design, but the colors are not right, and since there are 40 colors and I want them right, I just thought I would ask before going forward on a guess.

TIA
Rennie

CMQUILTER 01-19-2017 03:30 PM

I use my embroidery machine to quilt sometimes and found re-hooping a pain until I bought a magnetic hoop. Much much easier.

pattypurple 01-19-2017 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by CMQUILTER (Post 7745008)
I use my embroidery machine to quilt sometimes and found re-hooping a pain until I bought a magnetic hoop. Much much easier.

i got a magnetic hoop for Christmas. Tried to quilt with it but didn't seem like the magnets were strong enough for the thickness of the quilt

Cari-in-Oly 01-19-2017 08:20 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here's a few more of the Christmas stockings I did for family.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]566149[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566150[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566151[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566152[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]566153[/ATTACH]

Cari

deedum 01-20-2017 09:07 AM

love to see the diffrent items done. nice job on those stockings.

jem39 01-20-2017 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by CMQUILTER (Post 7745008)

Magnetic hoops sound like a real winner. Do they make them for all different brands? What kind of machine do you have? I have a Brother DreamMaker XE Innovis VE2200

Nita in warm Florida

hobbykat1955 01-21-2017 05:04 AM

If you have a computized machine they say you should be careful in using the magnetic hoops...anyone ever have issue with this?

Originally Posted by jem39 (Post 7745769)
Magnetic hoops sound like a real winner. Do they make them for all different brands? What kind of machine do you have? I have a Brother DreamMaker XE Innovis VE2200

Nita in warm Florida

mermaid 01-21-2017 05:31 AM

Aren't all embroidery machines computerized? Mag hoops have been sold, in use, for quite a while and no machine maker has sent up alarms. I'm not afraid of them.

romanojg 01-22-2017 06:33 AM

Magnetic hoops are made for the machines. I have one for my Viking and my Brother, they are great. I also use a magnetic seam guide on the presser foot plate when needed. No problems at all. The computers in the machines aren't like the computers or laptops.