Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What quilting project will you be working on today? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-quilting-project-will-you-working-today-t204353.html)

Tashana 10-27-2012 04:58 AM

I will be going to a birthday party so I will enough wine in me to face that dreaded Bargello. Tomorrow is storm preparation be aide every single weather report has the storm going directly at us. So sometimes between now and tomorrow I will check my treadle to make sure it is up to spec.

ranger 10-27-2012 05:09 AM

I will be quilting my D9P on my small domestic machine. The air around here will be blue today!

117becca 10-27-2012 05:26 AM

I am going to get out here in a bit to run errands....it's supposed to rain, and i want to get out and back before that happens. It actually looks cold because it's cloudy and windy out. I'm working on finishing this Cars quilt for a friend. I can't wait to finish it because I am working on a quilt for a friend of mine..It's gonna be sooo purty!! I'm about 1/4 of the way thru piecing the blocks.

mhansen6 10-27-2012 05:31 AM

I am going to a progressive sale at a LQS this morning. The first hour everything in the store is 30% off. So with half the quilting community in Central Oregon I will be there.

Then I am going to make a Princess quilted bag for my granddaughter to match the Princess quilt and pillowcases that I made for her for her birthday next month. It is suppose to rain all weekend. So NASCAR and sewing.

franc36 10-27-2012 06:00 AM

I am working on an "Alternating Squares" quilt top using Christmas fabrics. My goal is to finish piecing all of the blocks and to get at least 5 rows sewn together. That is probably an ambitious goal.

Luv Quilts and Cats 10-27-2012 06:14 AM

I am going to a 3-day quilt retreat with 5 of my quilting buddies next weekend. So I am doing cutting this weekend so I can put a top together on a UFO, and look at another UFO to see if I can get it ready to put together. We are also all making a holiday quilt using 40 2.5 inch x length of fabric strips. This is my second retreat. We had a retreat earlier in April and it was a blast. We rent a house in York, Maine, withing walking distance to the beach. Although. last time we didn't get to the beach! LOL! But we did get to Marden's, a chain store in Maine that sells quality quilting fabric at a very discounted price. Always fun to go there!

Jill_in_Texas 10-27-2012 06:15 AM

I am working on a Christmas quilt for our living room - I realized a while back that I make quilts for people and give them away, but I've not made any to keep! I mean, who does that?! Apparently me. So I was at my mom's LQS a couple of months ago and found this Christmas charm pack that I loved - got two of them, a couple yards of the cream that goes along with it, and a panel.

Also, I have to sandwich the quilt I've made for DH because he keeps harassing me about getting it done before it gets cold here. LOL

Oh, and I need to do homework for a class I'm taking, and paint the kitchen. Just a nice relaxing weekend! ;)

sandy l 10-27-2012 06:19 AM

I'll be cutting the squares from FQ's and flannel for rag quilts for my DB and wife for Christmas.

carslo 10-27-2012 06:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I will be starting to cut a pattern called Something Blue from a McCall's magazine. I have made this before but want to use a beige tonal and a fabric that has a dark background with a vine running through it. This is the one I have done before.

Buckeye Rose 10-27-2012 07:10 AM

I won't get much quilting done today....lots of running to do....but am working on a customer quilt and have only two borders yet to add....then it is sandwiching and quilting....will be so glad to get this one done and out of my face....it's all solids, so every teensy error shows, which will make my quilting on DSM a nightmare!....almost forgot!....there is a quilt show in town that I want to see....maybe tomorrow!