Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which project to start next???

Which project to start next???

I have so many projects I want to do and not sure which one to start on next now that my current project is almost finished. Up to now, they've kinda just presented themselves based on a specific timeframe. Now I have some time to think about it, I don't know what to do next.

How do you decide which project is next when you have time to think about it?

Stitch124
    Last edited by Stitch124; 07-15-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Sometimes I try a little kit, and sometimes I just make four patches for some time in the future. (I love four patches)
    Jo

When ever I can't make up my mind on a big project .. I do small ones , table runners , potholders and by the time I am finished with one or two .. something kicks in and the next big one becomes clear.

whenever I can't make up my mind, I play with scraps. maybe try a new block or technique. Make grocery bags and potholders for gifts. just putter.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

I do a small project to get myself going!

Blog Entries
    I have a box with scraps pieces of paper with name of a pattern plus where to find it. Close eyes hand in and pick one must admit I do sometimes put it back and try again. It rarely happens, I usually have 3/4 projects on the go all at different stages and I machine and hand work. Do you have a bucket list of projects you want to do? Also a walk over fabric in a shop or on line a piece may inspire. Or have a look at free patterns.
    I have more quilt I have on my lists than time to do.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch124 View Post
    I have so many projects I want to do and not sure which one to start on next now that my current project is almost finished. Up to now, they've kinda just presented themselves based on a specific timeframe. Now I have some time to think about it, I don't know what to do next.

How do you decide which project is next when you have time to think about it?

Stitch124
    Lately I've been trying to make personal sized quilts for ailing members of our parish. Our prayer chain more of less dictates who's next on the rag quilt list.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

I sew strips together for string quilts until I can get a clue as to what I want to do next. Put those blocks in a pile until I have enough to work into a quilt.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Blog Entries
    If I've finished a project whereby I have had to use a little brain power (?), I usually do an easier pattern to build up my brain cells.

Depends on what type of project I just finished. If it was a big one, I do something simple and small. If it was small projects, I'm more likely to start another quilt. But usually it's not an issue--I generally know what I want to work on next.
    Heather

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast