Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Quilted to Death

Blog Entries

Quilted to Death

This weekend was all about quilting for me. I am almost finished with my dogwood quilt (and I need to finish it and get pictures on here!) and I started my dragon fly quilt. I love this quilt. It looks like stained glass and has lots of color. Well, I have been practicing my stippling all weekend, and started quilting all the different colors of the center of this appliquéd beauty... and now it lost a big part of it's beauty. It's "quilted to death" so to speak. It really muted the different fabrics.

It's too much to try to rip out now. Lesson learned.

How about a picture - I'm sure the rest of us would love it.

Perhaps the when you finish the center of the quilt you could change from stipple pattern to a different pattern, feathers, vines and leaves, crosshatch, somethings that isn't so dense and then the whole effect wouldn't be "quilted to death."

Blog Entries
    Ok, here's some pics of it. I did use a marking pen, so you'll have to use your imagination to make it go away!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

I think once you remove the marks from the pen, you will love what you quilted. I would try that first before I ripped out all the stitiching. Personally, I think it is beautiful!

Beautiful applique. I think you needed invisible thread.

Beautiful applique. Try removing your marks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
    I think once you remove the marks from the pen, you will love what you quilted. I would try that first before I ripped out all the stitiching. Personally, I think it is beautiful!
    Thank you! Oh, it's too far gone to try to rip it out!! I think it still looks nice, it just took a lot away.

I agree that it's the markings that's making it look "quilted to death", LOL. Love that phrase by the way, sometimes I feel quilted to death! LOL!

I honestly think it's gorgeous, though!!! I'm sure you'll love it too when the markings are gone.

I think it is beautiful and once the marks are removed you will like it a lot more.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast