Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing room / quilting studio decorations >

Sewing room / quilting studio decorations

Sewing room / quilting studio decorations

Old 01-15-2014, 05:26 AM

I moved my sewing room from a nook in the office into a guest bedroom last year. It was painted and all clean for me (my first sewing room, I am 66 years old), and I have decided to do a beach theme. I have a Nantucket poster on one wall, and Cat's Meow lighthouses on the woodwork above the slider with a second story balcony deck. We are on water, and have a lovely winter view. I am looking for used PVC patio furniture for the balcony deck.

The wall behind my sewing center will be a 7 foot by 8 foot design wall one day. (hubby is working on his man cave ). Now when I go to thrift stores, I look for beach items (no made in China items). Here is a pic.
Attached Thumbnails 003.jpg  

Last edited by nhweaver; 01-15-2014 at 05:28 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:28 AM
Power Poster

I have some very large clear ginger jars that I store my thread and also a 6.5' shelf with a closet rod at the underside that I hang a quilt from or switch the quilt out for a hanging design wall. Some of the items on the wall shelf are antique wooden spools that I wrapped different colors of yarn, different sizes of glass balls with the alphabet spelling out "quilt".
Old 01-15-2014, 07:08 AM

I have one wall that is book cases from floor to ceiling almost. I have books, those small plastic containers with drawers, one shelf is works in progress, baskets that have quilty items in them, one shelf has an old tackle box with all the little drawers. Quilt magazines etc. They are not crowded but organized. I like the very top, up there I have my 1865 hand crank sewing machine, antique looking stacked boxes, a stuffed cat made from an old quilt, old bobbins and spools from a spinning wheel, old wooden spools from sewing thread and a small rag doll thats holding a quilt that a friend made me and tea dyed to look very old, old pin cushions, too. I collect old sewing items, wooden sock darners etc. Wish I knew how to put pictures on here but I don't. It's my room so it's full of the things I love, but I keep it neat and organized, I can't stand clutter. That's not to say it does'nt get messy when I am working on a project tho. I just clean up before I start the next one.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:59 AM
Power Poster

I don't have much wall space, two large closets on one long wall. Across from there are my kitchen cabinets for sewing things and quilting books. I have wooden shelves high on the wall with silk flower arrangements in baskets. I have a wall hanging flat screen TV and some pictures on the wall of DGK and some adults. I have my desk, file cabinets old machine, printer etc. in there. I have not taken any pictures yet, too busy sewing. It is a wonderful creative space.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:17 AM
Power Poster

My sewing room is decorated with fabric, sewing machines, rulers, thread and all my sewing goodies.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:49 AM
Power Poster

My sister has an antique brass ship's wheel chiming clock that would look great in there. That clock has the most wonderful chime you ever heard.

Also a great picture print of a captain setting down to eat and praying.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 01-15-2014 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:55 AM
Power Poster

Mine isn't really decorated. I still have some part of the room is becoming a catchall and I need to stop it.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:40 AM

I have all my rulers hanging on the walls for easy access as well as my 5 year old granddaughter's artwork, of course.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:46 AM

I don't have a lot of wall space since one whole wall is a bookcase, there's a double closet and another wall has double windows. I do have a "sew cute" cut out from JoAnn's over the closet and I have a quilt I made on another wall.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:06 AM

Default Sewing Room

I'm excited for you...I just got my own sewing room last year and I'm 61. Can't believe either one! Here are a few pics of my room. Not finished yet...been quilting a lot!

The white frame between the two lamps is going to be an idea board, if I ever get around to inserting the cork! Room looks neat in this pics but it stays pretty 'lived-in' while I'm sewing.

Enjoy decorating your new space!
Attached Thumbnails sewing-room-3.jpg   quiltroom.jpg   sewing-room-4.jpg   sewing-table.jpg