Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing room / quilting studio decorations >

Sewing room / quilting studio decorations

Sewing room / quilting studio decorations

Old 01-16-2014, 04:37 PM

auntjo, I am in love with your sewing room and EVERYTHING in it Happy for you!
Old 01-16-2014, 04:40 PM

You can go to HOME and then go to Mission Organization. Quilters have put many many photos of their sewing rooms there.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:42 PM

I have post it notes all over above my cutting table 6', an armour that I keep batting in, sewing maching tucked into a small corner if front of the window another sewing machine sitting on a sewing desk and 1 bookshelves of material and 1 4 drawer dresser full of fabric, my most prized thing is a framed picture (in the middle of the post it notes) is the 2 little guys in overalls saying "You been farmin long" I got that at GW for $3. and a messing floor, can't forget the messy floor.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:53 PM

Here you go! Over one window, I have a sign that says, "Home is where your story begins." My teddy bear collection spans 15 years of collecting along with a doll from when I was five. The portrait of my son was done by my mom. There are a lot of good memories in this room with new ones being made.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by coopah; 01-16-2014 at 07:55 PM. Reason: deleted and added wording
Old 01-16-2014, 09:20 PM

i have this great throw rug of matted thread.

oh.

wait. nevermind.

aileen
Old 01-16-2014, 10:48 PM

I have my motto on the door. It shows a quilter deep into her craft, with fabric billowing everywhere. I made it into a small quilt for hanging. The motto says: "Therapy in Progress!" Love it!
Old 01-16-2014, 11:29 PM

When we first built the sewing room in 1991 (yes, I know I'm lucky) I had room for decorations. But the homeless quilting project started in 1996 and the room is full to overflowing, mostly with quilts in various stages and fabrics for quilts for homeless families. There is not one spare inch. It is a struggle to keep sewing and quilting surfaces clear. I have multiple machines down there, and they are often used by guests. In fact, I had to take out my lazy woman chair to make room. I do have two lap quilts hanging in front of the bookshelves and one wall hanging I finished a few months ago.

In my dreams, I have a bigger studio, or even a second room for just the homeless quilts. If I were doing only my own sewing, I could have decorations and a lazy woman chair.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:20 AM

I have three of these sewing machine blocks on the wall. I bought them separately from a seller on ebay. I sandwhiched them, quilted and bound them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]457013[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails fabric-panels.jpg  
Old 01-17-2014, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by stillclock View Post
i have this great throw rug of matted thread.

oh.

wait. nevermind.

aileen
Hee! Hee! I have one too! I bought it as a, "kit," from Connecting Threads! It was super easy and came together in just one quilting session! Now, I'm trying to figure out how to clean it...LOL.

~ Cindy
Old 01-17-2014, 06:33 AM

There's lots of great ideas here, but what I'm really coveting is everyone's beautiful sewing tables. I WANT! I'm working on a beat up folding table right now, while the rest of our house is being built. Some day I'll have the sewing room done...some day. Good luck with yours!