Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should I buy a used Pfaff creative 1469?

Should I buy a used Pfaff creative 1469?

I'll try to make this short so I can get to my question. About 3 weeks ago I was working on a quilt and had a problem winding my bobbin. Machine needed a tune-up anyway so took it in for the repair. Picked it up a week later, took it home and still had the same problem. This time when I took it back the owner loaned me a used machine he had for sale, since I needed my project quilted in a few days. He said it would be 2 weeks before the machine would be done and I would have that time to see if I liked the loaner. It has a lot of features that machine does not have....100 stitches,etc. Everything seems to work well. I did free motion quilting and it was great. I'm just concerned about buying a machine that is about 20 years old already. He is asking $250 with a 6 month warranty, about 10 different feet and one free lesson. I would mainly be using it as a back up and the special stitches. Do you think this is a good deal? It would be so nice to use all those stitches and have a back-up machine.

Blog Entries
    One sold on e-bay for 425.00. And it didn't have a foot pedal

I have the 1471 which is similar in age to yours and I LOVE this machine. Does your 1469 have the IDT? They typically sell for more than $250.

Having a back up machine is so nice. Luckily you have a dealer near you who can work on it if needed. That is key to me.

I have a Pfaff 1473 and absolutely love it! I think $250.00 is an excellent price as long as the machine is in good working order.

I had a 1471 and it was the BEST machine I EVER had!! I think this is a steal and I would snap it up quick.

I have a 1471 that I purchased from a dealer for $400.00 and I love it. I also have a Babylock Ellegante and go to the 1471 because of the IDT. I say get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Candace View Post
    I have the 1471 which is similar in age to yours and I LOVE this machine. Does your 1469 have the IDT? They typically sell for more than $250.
    No it doesn't, which i love on my other machine.....didn't realize what a difference it made until I sewed with out it. That's the only down side to the machine.

It would still be a good back up machine. I understand wanting the IDT, but it's worth the asking price with that warranty, IMO.

what a great deal.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast