Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: think back...

Super Member just_the_scraps_m'am's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    when you were younger, do you remember someone in your family making quilts or doing hand work?

Blog Entries
    My Grandmother on Dad's side made and tied quilts.
    My Great-Aunt, who had Cerebral Palsy, did all kinds of beautiful embroidery work.
    My Mother cross-stitched.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    My mother and I made a king size quilt together when I was 10. It's the only quilt I remember. My one grandmother crocheted everyone in the family "Granny Square' afghans.

I carried on the tradition of the afghans for a while.

Now my granddaughter has a Granny Square afghan I made her for Christmas '09 and a quilt I made her for Christmas '10!

Mom and two of her sisters made beautiful quilts by hand---hand pieced, hand quilted, gorgeous!

My paternal grandmother made quilts on the machine--beautiful in their own way.

Nope!
    Aunt, grandma, and mom made clothes (and doll clothes) but don't remember anyone ever knitting, quilting, or any handwork. Had to teach myself.

My mom's mom and dad made quilts and I still have mine. It is about 30 yrs old. or older. My dad's grandma made me a quilt for my first birthday.Double wedding ring and I still have it. its over 40 yrs old. Did not want to give away my real age. I till everyone I am 39 and holding. hehehehe My mom makes quilts.

Until she lost her eyesight my grandmother always did hand work, mostly crochet but also some knitting.

No, but apparently my grandmother did knit and crochet. I just wasn't there to see! Not a quilter to be found anywhere in the extended family.

My Mom, Aunts and Grandma would do quilting on a regular basis together. My Mom and my Grandma are deceased and my aunt does not quilt anymore. I tried to pass the quilting craft on to my daughter, daughter in law and Grandaugters but they lost interest in it.

Blog Entries
    My grandmother was part of a quilting bee. That is what she called it. Several of them would sit and work on the same quilt.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast