Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Uneven bobbin winding-bernina >

Uneven bobbin winding-bernina

Uneven bobbin winding-bernina

Old 01-24-2015, 09:36 AM

Sorry, I messed up this reply, but I do agree you shouldn't have to try to remedy the bobbin issue yourself. You just came back from having the machine serviced. Call Bernina Headquarters to find another store for service and to mention what your problem is with the bobbin. They should call where you had the machine serviced to ask what's going on and that might alert your dealer to get on the ball. However, try rethreading the bobbin making procedure...go over all the steps and you might find out why your bobbin is stacking instead of winding correctly. Good luck.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:46 AM

That sometimes happens to me, but not every time. I always watch my bobbin wind and if it is not going on evenly, then I guide it with my finger. I don't wind my bobbins going full speed either and that gives me time to intervene as needed.

My local Bernina dealer was not easy to deal with either. At a show, the area Manager was there and I talked to her about it. She was well aware of the problems with that dealer and said that they were working on it. It did get fixed eventually. Now the Bernina store is a nice place to shop.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:37 PM

I have both a Bernina 1230 and a Bernina 440 QE. I rarely have any issue with winding my bobbin like your picture. If I see it start being uneven, I do what a few others have suggested and use my finger to control. By the way I see you have an aurifil thread spool on your Bernina and I use that same thread frequently but have a spindle on the 440 QE that sets this type of spool upright and I also have a totally separate spindle that I use when winding bobbins from a large cone but using one of my Berninas to sew.

I agree with Pocoellie and would follow through with her suggestions. Bernina's are a great machine but pricey. Kelela
Old 01-25-2015, 01:18 PM

If mine gets uneven, I use my finger to help guide it. I have an older Bernina.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:52 PM

Personally I would go ahead and make the trip. take your own thread with you and show them what is happening. It could be they used a different thread. Don't leave the store until it is right. Oh and you might want to all ahead and make sure that the person doing repairs is available on that day. I have learned the hard way that before leaving the store after a spa treatment, I take my own thread and fabric and check my stitches and anything that was supposed to be fixed or that I had an issue with when I took it in.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:36 AM

I wasHaving the same problem on my singer. After I read about the faulty Bobbin I examined my own and discovered that there was a tiny flaw, a little piece of plastic sticking out on the right side. t was a manufacturing defect. I’m attaching a photo.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]602067[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 16c56563-b0aa-4888-8caa-c26e866362f4.jpeg