Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Vent....My stupid error! >

Vent....My stupid error!

Vent....My stupid error!

Old 07-16-2010, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by wvdek
I agree with what the others have said. I have bought alot on e-bay and never paid anywhere near that.

Please give her due time to respond and then also let e-bay know. If she does not respond in due time, she has earned the negative feedback on postage and lack of customer service.
I agree with giving her time. I've bought my pattern glass off Ebay for yrs. I learned that when I didn't hear from somebody right away, they had been sick or even in the hosp. You just never know when emergencies occur.
I'd sure question her about what that $16 was for though.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:14 PM
Power Poster

Yeah, that's bad. I urge you to file a complaint with ebay also to get your shipping fees back. Maybe something unforeseen happened. It's possible, but unlikely. You've been more than patient. I'm a buyer and seller so I know both ends of it.
Thanks for the update.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:30 PM

I agree with what others have said which is to give her time to respond, but I would not give her more than 3 days! She knew at the time that she was charging waaaaay more than she should for shipping. Send her another email and tell her you will wait 3 days to hear from her and then you will file a complaint with Ebay, plus leave negative feedback. Save your package just in case you need proof.

That's ridiculous, and gives Ebay and other sellers a bad rep.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by frogella
UPDATE - I have contacted her twice and she didn't respond. I got the package today and shipping was flat rate $4.90. She basically charged me $16.00 for handling!
I emailed her again this afternoon. If I don't hear back from her tonight, I will put negative feedback up. Thanks again for letting me vent!
also file a complaint with paypal or your credit card company if you have proof of shipping charge they may be able to step in also.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:33 AM

Wow, live & learn. I've never bought fabric on line before. When & if I do I'll know to pay close attention to the shipping costs...thanks.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:09 AM

NO, They are shipping from New York. I got a really good price on the blocks, from bidding. Maybe she is trying to make up for the shortfall with shipping. I just know I won't be doing it again. It all would have fit in a $10.95 flat rate envelope! But I will say again it was my fault for not getting clarification. I always just think how much more fabric I could have gotten for the shipping!
I have been there and done that!!! Like you, live and learn. :wink:
Old 07-22-2010, 09:18 AM

NO, They are shipping from New York. I got a really good price on the blocks, from bidding. Maybe she is trying to make up for the shortfall with shipping. I just know I won't be doing it again. It all would have fit in a $10.95 flat rate envelope! But I will say again it was my fault for not getting clarification. I always just think how much more fabric I could have gotten for the shipping!
I have been there and done that!!! Like you, live and learn. :wink: