Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Vent....My stupid error! >

Vent....My stupid error!

Vent....My stupid error!

Old 07-12-2010, 10:36 AM
np3
Power Poster

I sell on eBay a lot and this is not acceptable by eBay rules. Contact her and try to work with her to make it right. If she still doesn't resolve it to your satisfaction, you can open a complaint against her. It is easy to do and usually very effective. If you would like more details, send me a PM and I will help you out.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:46 AM

That can't be a correct amount. I bought a large amount of yardage of fabrics from Roberta and the shipping was only 11.00. I think contacting the seller is a good idea.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:47 AM

You can also not pay for it. Ebay will forgive buyers any strikes that sellers give them (they like buyers better than sellers). You can also give her a one on shipping and she can't give you negative feedback. No way I would pay that kind of shipping.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:10 PM

some of the sellers know they can get away with this and do, and contacting ebay will get you no-where, if the seller won't work with you don't hesitate to leave neg. feedback, i've had a couple of issues and one worked with me (someone else had been doing her shipping that week) and another told me i should have paid more attention, quess who got more of my business...
Old 07-12-2010, 01:56 PM

Well I live in the UK and have bought up to 8 yards of fabric from sellers in the USA. They post in a flat rate envelope and I have never payed more $14.00 postage. I would check her feedback and see what sort of a score she has got for postage rates, if it is low then email her and ask her why her postage is so high. If you don't get any satisfaction from the seller then report it to eBay.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:13 PM
np3
Power Poster

EBay gets revenue from the selling price, not the postage. They have rules against listing an item for a low price and making it up in the postage. They have a complaint procedure for this and they follow through. Sellers have lost selling rights for doing this. Negative feedback doesn't have much effect if they have a high number of sales. This soulds like a definite violation of eBay's selling policy.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:14 PM

you know, i would write to her and complain. That is a rip off. many of the sellers will refund you come of the costs if you complain.
Originally Posted by frogella
Okay, I bought some fabric squares on ebay. Ask seller if she would combine shipping. She said yes, so much for the first and the rest would be another price. I thought she meant the second figure would be for all of the rest! I should have asked her to clarify, so I got $18.00 worth of fabric and I am paying $21.00 for shipping. Oh well...next time I will pay better attention!
Old 07-12-2010, 04:46 PM

Yes, contact her and ask her if there was a mistake. If she says it's correct, leave feedback that will warn the next bidder.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:11 PM

That's why I am trying to wean myself from ebay. their shipping is way over what it should be. I use to be more reasonable, but now, if I buy something I look at the postage on the package they sent and subtract it from the stated shipping, and they are making a lot. Why don't they just come right out and say they are making up for selling something cheap? and, they aren't so cheap anymore. Try Etsy. they have nice fabric, and reasonable shipping.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by frogella
NO, They are shipping from New York. I got a really good price on the blocks, from bidding. Maybe she is trying to make up for the shortfall with shipping. I just know I won't be doing it again. It all would have fit in a $10.95 flat rate envelope! But I will say again it was my fault for not getting clarification. I always just think how much more fabric I could have gotten for the shipping!
file a complaint with ebay there is no way with the 11$ that it should have cost that much. for example I buy 20 yards of fabric and pay $10 for shipping. I buy all the time you need to file a complaint