Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you keep your fabric in?

Most of my fabric is in my "fabric shop" room, in IKEA bookcases with glass doors - here's a pic of 2 of the 3 bookcases:

There's one more on the other side of the room too.
    Name:  Attachment-43114.jpe
Views: 8
Size:  40.2 KB

Blog Entries
    i use stacked drawers from walmart. i get the 7-drawer sets. in this photo, the sets are stacked 2-high. (just remove the top from the bottom set, and the top set snaps into place.)

when i don't double-stack, they roll around wonderfully. if i double-stack and fill them, the wheels get all wonky so i have to leave them off.

the double-stacks are in my store-room. i have a few rolling single sets in my sewing area to hold the fabs and tools for current projects. since the drawers come all the way out, i can swap them out between the "current" stacks and the storage stacks so the unfinished projects don't haunt me while i'm working on something else.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow!! You ladies have some fabric!! I'm still a newbie only been quilting for a year and a half, I have one bookshelf full of fabric and one big container of scraps. I want to go shopping in your sewing rooms!! Really well organized, just like a store. :D :D

I have mine in a small roll about made for scrap booking, also in a box that held reams of paper. My stash is pretty small compared to some of yours.

yowza! I only have a small small amount of fabric. I have this neat little in the wall shelving unit dh built in my closet and that is where my pitiful stash is. If I had what some of you have we'd have to add on to the house.....or kick one of the kids out! lol!

Most of my stash is now in Clever Store bins made by Rubbermaid. I don't like the deep totes - too much digging needed, which makes a mess. These are a little over 6" deep - perfect for fat quarters or up to about 1 1/2 yds folded and stood on end. Sorted by color. They fit well in a closet, and even full are easy to pick up so that I can move them to get to the bins underneath.

I don't have a sewing room. Here's a pic of my cottons (flannel, batiks, homespuns elsewhere).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have most of my material in an computer armoire, the fleece and batting I keep in totes. I use those tall plastic 'dressers' on wheels that are 12-14" wide with 6 drawers (two different sizes) for projects, small squares that I made too many of, small pattern templates, scraps of batting.

Clear plastic boxes. So easy. no dust. And I can see what is in there.

I keep most of mine in a dresser. You can pick them up cheap at auctions and thrift stores. I got a dresser at an auction for $25.

FF

Clear plastic tubs. At one point in time my fabric was all sorted and organized. I guess I should go through and do it again since I inherited all of my mother's fabric when she passed away.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast