Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your biggest waste of money?

You might find the instructions on-line.......just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    I once bought a really nice serger at a 50% discount on the last day of the International Quilt Festival in Houston.
    Never could really figure out how to thread it unless I was following the video, though I did use it one time to make a jacket of vintage barkcloth with antique buttons. But eventually, through divorce, moves, updating equipment, I lost the ability to watch video cassettes. It has became the most expensive paper weight I've ever owned.

Jan in VA
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by 0tis View Post
    I bought a Clover desktop needle threader - I can't get it to work - finally read the tiniest print ever and it only works with specific needles that are made by clover. So it really was a waste of $ 15.
    I have this, too, and it works fine for me, and I'm not careful what needles I use with it. You do have to be able to see well enough that you are facing the needle hole in the right direction. You can't just stick the needle in the holder any which way--the hole has to be facing the right way. (A mistake I made initially...)

One thing I bought and never use is the Angler 2. I can't sew a correct diagonal seam with it to save my soul. Back to drawing lines for me.

Jim
    templates and a ton of books I look at once and never use but cant resist. I bought the binding tool and like doing it my way better...live and learn and always use coupons...lol
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort :lol:

working on a scrappy UFO behind my Viking
    Blog Entries
    I like the Clover clips for binding, my Ott light, and a smaller (28mm) size rotary cutter. I too have multiple rulers that R in my closet. I tend to use the 6" and 12 1/2 " squared ones. I also like the quality bobbin only thread.
    Seattle Awaits
    If a quilter lives in your house you should never be cold.

Blog Entries
    People who buy circular foot, quick tip try a drawing pin it works just as well.
    My worst purchase is joining a queue and buying what a group of others are also buying,if all these think it is good it must be. Get home and usuall give it away to my quilting friends. Hehe. Packs of fabric and not read what is inside for sizes or pack of wadding again don't look at size.

Junior Member Retiredandquilting's Avatar
    Flynn Quilting Frame. What a waste of money. I can't even give it away!
    Sue In Bloomfield, NY

My biggest waste of money is was for my Husqvarna Viking Fabric Mover for my SE. I bought it new for $1,000 and used it for about 2 hours. They made it look so easy, but it's not and I would love to get rid of it. It's just collecting dust.
    Happy Quilting, Diana

Quote Originally Posted by deedum View Post
    I bought the super slider FM thing, it just didn't work for me. I wasted my money there.
    Me too......doesn't work very well if you don't have a built in machine with a flat surface. Fabric gets caought up under the darn thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra-P View Post
    Various thimbles, and rulers that are for one purpose. I have one that is supposed to be for binding and I still cant figure out how to use it.
    I got a leather thimble, soft and the back part is elasticized and I love it for binding! I think I paid $5.00 for it. One of my better investments. Until I found that I used three bandaids!!!!! Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast