Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is Your favorite thimble? >

What is Your favorite thimble?

What is Your favorite thimble?

Old 10-10-2011, 05:05 AM

Roxanne, I use a regular thimble and like you I have a hard time finding ones that fit and feel right. I have tried lining my thimble with a cloth tape inside, wetting my finger before putting the thimble on and buying so many thimbles it is ridiculous. I have a really old one that seems to work the best for me and I wet my finger before I put it on and I also wear the rubber finger tips on my thumb and index finger because they help me to get a grip on the needle when I pull the needle through. You could also put a little tape around the top of the thimble to help secure it to your finger. Hope these ideas help.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:08 AM

I love, love, love my Roxanne thimble. It is lightweight and I'm not even aware that I'm wearing it most of the time. You do need to get the perfect fit though. I bought one that did not fit and they graciously let me return it and get one that did. They are a little pricey, but definitely worth it.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:26 AM

I agree. I bought my Roxann thrimble about thirteen years ago from Roxann when she gave a lecture and class at our guild in Fairfield, Ca. At first I thought it was a bit pricey, but it has been worth every dollar. It takes a little while to get used to it's weight, but now I even forget it's on my finger. Do pay the price; you won't regret it. GiGi