Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
where to Buy Fabric >

where to Buy Fabric

where to Buy Fabric

Old 02-13-2017, 06:26 AM

I love Whittles. They normally ship the same day you order
Old 02-13-2017, 08:05 AM

Fabric.com and keepsake.com have good fabric. The trick is to catch them on a sale. I have purchased a lot of fabric on etsy and on ebay. I usually only get a yard as my focus fabric and read very carefully the info on the seller and the fabric. Recently I had a customer request 'real looking strawberries'. I found 2 fabrics that looked like you could have eaten the fruit right off the cloth! I got a half yard each and it costs $4 each. More than I usually pay, but I paired it with very inexpensive solids and have enough left for a second item. And I got a great new customer with wonderful reviews - win, win. I have not yet had a bad buy. Since I sell most of my products, I need a deal and I need to have a good product.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:41 AM
Power Poster

I recently ordered a bunch of Kaffe Fassett prints that were being sold by fabric.com on Amazon. At the time, they were actually cheaper on Amazon than on fabric.com's own site. Also, the shipping was free on Amazon without having to buy a certain dollar amount, so I will always check Amazon in addition to the regular quilting sites.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:53 AM

In addition to what the others said, I use www.fatquartershop.com . Plus www.batiksplus.com. www.Hancocks-Paducah.com
Old 02-13-2017, 09:26 AM

I love Connecting threads & Missouri Star Quilt. They are both great companies. Fast shipping, great fabrics, & wonderful customer service.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Austinite View Post
Stitch Stash Diva on Etsy has a huge sale area, most of my fabric is from them, two day shipping, LOVE it. They do sales around holidays, i watch their Facebook page. I've done Fabric.com but twice they took longer than a week to ship my order and I've had a few undercut orders from them too so they're my last resort.
I've used Fabric.com for years and only twice did they make a mistake. Once they sent the wrong fabric and once they cut a panel crooked. I immediately emailed them and they quickly sent the right thing and they told me to keep what they originally sent. Now I understand Amazon has bought them and the pricing has changed.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Marcy J. View Post
When you cannot find the fabric you need at the quilt stores, which on line store do you favor. By the time you pay for shipping, the cost per yard can be very high.
I love WEBFABRICS.net..........they ship worldwide, and her prices, as well as fabric quality, is GREAT!!
Old 02-13-2017, 11:10 AM

Missouri Star Quilt Co. is the best! (www.missouriquiltco.com) Not only do they have great quality fabric, but flat shipping rate of $5.00 unless you purchase $100, then it's free. Also "Daily Deals" that are great. They also have excellent tutorials--a new one each week--using precuts. I love precuts 'cause I don't like cutting (I'm too impatient--I'd rather be sewing or quilting!)
Old 02-13-2017, 11:18 AM

Thousandsofbolts.com Hancocksofpaducah.com (sale pages) Missouriquiltcompany.com (sp??....$5 shipping) fivebucksayard.com some of connectingthreads.com are reasonable, but they also carry full price fabrics, and I never pay full price. Their own brand are cheaper, but I never like them.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:36 AM

I just checked fatquartershop.......WOW!! They have more 1800's prints than I have ever seen! And they showed a preview of many to come in April. I may have to break my rule of never paying full price.....hahahaha

Originally Posted by sewingitalltogether View Post
In addition to what the others said, I use www.fatquartershop.com . Plus www.batiksplus.com. www.Hancocks-Paducah.com