Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row >

2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

Old 07-27-2011, 05:08 PM

Looking good Boop!

I've been a little MIA - life is getting out of hand... but my mother leaves on Friday and I'll be able to get Amanda's row whipped out once my time is my own again. I know what I want to do and have the fabrics ready to go... hopefully the execution won't take too long!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Looking good Boop!

I've been a little MIA - life is getting out of hand... but my mother leaves on Friday and I'll be able to get Amanda's row whipped out once my time is my own again. I know what I want to do and have the fabrics ready to go... hopefully the execution won't take too long!
Try having your mother living with ya. LOL I am 55 and she is 86 and I still am not my own person. My husband can do ANYTHING and it is golden. I can't even talk. If she says something to MY granbabies that I don't approve of and try to tell her...she tells me I am never to tell her wht to do or say. If I cook something there is always a way I could've made it better. And on and on and on....
Old 08-01-2011, 12:37 PM

I can't wait to get the Jewel quilt back. You guys have all done FABULOUS!!!

My MIL lived across the street from me for the last 8 months of her life. That was close enough - because when we were bugging each other - I could just go home. She is gone now though and I sure miss her.

Now - when we are talking about my own Mom - my sister has agreed to be the caretaker... I am going to take care of my dad. My Mom and I are too much alike to ever live in the same house again. :LOL
Old 08-02-2011, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Kehoeta
I can't wait to get the Jewel quilt back. You guys have all done FABULOUS!!!

My MIL lived across the street from me for the last 8 months of her life. That was close enough - because when we were bugging each other - I could just go home. She is gone now though and I sure miss her.

Now - when we are talking about my own Mom - my sister has agreed to be the caretaker... I am going to take care of my dad. My Mom and I are too much alike to ever live in the same house again. :LOL
I fully understand that. My mom and I both have our own set mind. My dad would help with my rent {when I was much younger, divorced and the ex wasn't paying support} just so mom and I wouldn't be under the same roof. But I have respect for her and I know that when she is gone I will truly miss her. As for now I just bitch to the hubby and he laughs at me because he is her golden boy. LOL
Old 08-03-2011, 01:51 PM

Okay, Lara, my row for your quilt is done. I hope you like it.

My son says the jester on the right is really scary, but I like it. Hope it doesn't scare the final owners of the quilt. This one was really fun. Too many ideas and hard to pin down what to do with it.

How is everyone coming? Less than two weeks to mailing. I hope to see some finished rows here soon.

Entire row
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235950[/ATTACH]

Mardi Gras Jester
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235951[/ATTACH]

Pieced Block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235952[/ATTACH]

Fleur de Lis - Embroidered
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235953[/ATTACH]

Hopefully this looks like a mask!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235955[/ATTACH]

Jester - Scary?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235956[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-235944.jpe   attachment-235945.jpe   attachment-235946.jpe   attachment-235947.jpe   attachment-235949.jpe  

attachment-235950.jpe  
Old 08-04-2011, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Okay, Lara, my row for your quilt is done. I hope you like it.

My son says the jester on the right is really scary, but I like it. Hope it doesn't scare the final owners of the quilt. This one was really fun. Too many ideas and hard to pin down what to do with it.

How is everyone coming? Less than two weeks to mailing. I hope to see some finished rows here soon.
Absolultly amazing. My daughter has taken the grandbabies to South Carolina for a 5 day vacaction. I see sewing in MY mini 'vacation'. I really have to put on the thinking cap for Mardi gras. Have 2 blocks sewn for jeweltone. Easy, breezy but of course a little off. Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:57 AM

2 weeks to mailing?? How did that happen so fast?

I have all my materials for the Southwest Quilt and have been perusing blocks.. But haven't done a lick of cutting or stitching.

I guess I will take my sewing machine and materials up north this weekend and sew outside on my beautiful new screened porch.

Judy - I think that your contribution to the Mardi Gras quilt is great. I don't think the jester is scary at all.

Maybe you should mail that one back to me, yeah - that's the ticket - send me the Mardi Gras quilt instead of forwarding it. I'll keep it safe and sound.
I'm sure Lara won't mind. BWAaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaa
Old 08-05-2011, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Kehoeta
2 weeks to mailing?? How did that happen so fast?

I have all my materials for the Southwest Quilt and have been perusing blocks.. But haven't done a lick of cutting or stitching.

I guess I will take my sewing machine and materials up north this weekend and sew outside on my beautiful new screened porch.

Judy - I think that your contribution to the Mardi Gras quilt is great. I don't think the jester is scary at all.

Maybe you should mail that one back to me, yeah - that's the ticket - send me the Mardi Gras quilt instead of forwarding it. I'll keep it safe and sound.
I'm sure Lara won't mind. BWAaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaa
It's amazing how fast the time passes, isn't it.

Glad you guys like what I did for Mardi Gras. I think I have wanted to keep every quilt that's been through here. Can't wait to get Boop's to work on.
Old 08-06-2011, 05:53 AM

Kehoeta:Here are some pics of of the row I added to your quilt. I loved working with the colors. I hope you enjoy it. I put it at the top to balance out the light and dark.in all the rows. I hope that was okay. :lol:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-237270.jpe   attachment-237271.jpe   attachment-237272.jpe   attachment-237274.jpe  
Old 08-06-2011, 06:13 AM

Very pretty, Boop. Your fabrics are gorgeous. What is the name of that pattern?