Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • 2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row >
  • 2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

• 2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row

Old 06-28-2011, 06:31 AM

Boop - your applique looks great! Really cute designs. I can't wait to get Amanda's quilt top and add to it!
    Old 06-28-2011, 12:26 PM

I received Amanda's quilt today - safe and sound. Everybody's work looks amazing. It is going to be a beautiful quilt!
    Old 07-01-2011, 07:28 PM

I think I'm a little envious of that Mardi Gras top lol. But they all look amazing.

Let me know if you need anything :)
    Old 07-02-2011, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Boop56
    Originally Posted by Kehoeta
    I got Judy's Something Southwestern yesterday. That is going to be a really cool quilt. My mind is whirling about all my favorite Arizona things and how can I incorporate them into the quilt.

Boops, your applique on it is really good.
    I tried. I am afraid i am just not very good. Honestly, When I see all the rows you all do..well you can tell I am a beginner. Tell me what ya think of Amanda's. Sorry it was late but it seemed to want to come undone so I ended up having so much hand stitching to reinforce it. And I am depressed because my eyes are shit. My Hand stitches are a mess and my good sewing machine puked on me. :-(
    Boop I love the row you did!! It is awesome. :-) :-)
    Old 07-06-2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by amandab
    I got Judy's Something Southwestern yesterday. That is going to be a really cool quilt. My mind is whirling about all my favorite Arizona things and how can I incorporate them into the quilt.

I tried. I am afraid i am just not very good. Honestly, When I see all the rows you all do..well you can tell I am a beginner. Tell me what ya think of Amanda's. Sorry it was late but it seemed to want to come undone so I ended up having so much hand stitching to reinforce it. And I am depressed because my eyes are shit. My Hand stitches are a mess and my good sewing machine puked on me. :-(
    You haven't seen it up close yet. LOL
    Old 07-07-2011, 04:48 AM

I think I have my laptop back on track so I will try to upload pics to general link for 2011 row robin. Finally figured out how to wifi (name was scary to me) So I sat 3 stores down from T-Mobile and said if I could not get their stick to work I was bringing all my stuff in and one of them would be doing it for me. 'Why yes mam we will' Then I told them where I was and they said well call tech support and of course I said no because wait time on phone was 31 minuetes. After 5 days of on and off phone with tech support wasn't doing it any more. The guy talked me through it. Had to type in the phone number for my stick. Not my phone number for my cell like 'Mr. your in the best hands ever' kept telling me. So when hubby gets home I will bring up pics and have him tell me which one looks best to him. You all have a great weekend. I have the fabric pulled for jewel tone and am working on that this weekend. Peace-Out!
    Old 07-12-2011, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by amandab

You haven't seen it up close yet. LOL
    LOL! Honestly, I know I will love it no matter what. I am a new quilter and have only owned a sewing machine for about 1.5 years and my work looks much better from a far! But I really love how we are sharing with each other and seeing everyones creativeness. I have done themes that I might never have done. This will be a quilt that I treasure always!!
    Old 07-25-2011, 01:51 PM

So this is my third time trying to upload Jewel tone blocks. I just have them laid out. I asked my husband for his approval before I took pics. He has a good eye for color and pattern. He bought me a brother sewing machine that has special things to it. He will have to help me read the book. Kinda scared to get started because if something is un familiar, then it spooks me.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-231635.jpe   attachment-231636.jpe   attachment-231637.jpe   attachment-231649.jpe   attachment-231658.jpe  

Old 07-25-2011, 05:42 PM

Your jewel tone blocks are gorgeous, Boop. Congratulations on your new Brother machine. I am very partial to Brothers, they are so user friendly. If I can help you in any way while you're learning yours, let me know. Which machine did you get?
    Old 07-26-2011, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
    Your jewel tone blocks are gorgeous, Boop. Congratulations on your new Brother machine. I am very partial to Brothers, they are so user friendly. If I can help you in any way while you're learning yours, let me know. Which machine did you get?
    It is a SQ1000 Sewing and quilting. I haven't opened the box yet. I was using a very simple brother and I just get spooked when it comes to new things. I'm afraid of breaking something. At Christmas a friend had gotten a sewing machine and asked me to come down and help her. Got everything ready and it didn't do anything. I thought I had broke something. Come to find out...step one is to plug it in. LOL