Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 19 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 69 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed)

Blog Entries
    WOW!!!! April the blues ar beautiful And blue is not one of my favorite colors.....can't wait to see the quilt. it will be really colorful I think.

ooooooooooo PRETTY!!!! I LOVE those autumn colors! I don't think I could decide between them....glad I don't have to. lol
    And WOW! BLUE is my FaVoRiTE color!!! Those are gorgeous!!! (oops, I think I broke my exclamation key)

Thanks everyone. My partners favorite colors are green and blue. I worked up two test blocks to see if I should use white as the background or the blue swirls on the green as I had originally planned to. I am more confused now lol I think the white is too stark and I am afraid the blocks will get lost in the ribbon background. I think black may make it too dark and dreary...ugh I hate when I can't make a decision lol Any input is greatly appreciated.
    Hugs
    April
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    O.K. here's the pic for Boop56 to choose the fabric for her quilt.
    Hope these pics go thru.Attachment 386172Attachment 386171
    Is that coffee/hot chocolate cups peeking out of the top of number 2 pile? That is the group for me!!!! Thanks so much.
    Angel Wings, Butterfly Kisses and Faere Dust for all!!!!

Peggy {Boop56}

....I like the way the white makes the other colors 'pop' and, you need the contrast. but if you think white is a little too harsh, how about a really light green or yellow? or even a really light gray/blue tone instead of black? maybe the same color as one of the lightest colors in one of your focal fabrics....
    Last edited by mindless; 01-06-2013 at 01:04 PM.

So I have Didi for a partner. I am excited. Her colors that she put down first in favorites was yellow/orange. Since I am from Florida that says sunshine to me. I can send her sunshine. I hope she likes the way I interper it for her. I am excited. Her quilt might just be 'to hot to handel'. LOL Now to stock up on my chocolate and get going. Check 1-Material is ordered. Check 2- two ideas running in my head. Step 3- Practice on scrape pieces before I tackle hers. Later, Gaters!!!!!

Peggy {Boop56}

Quote Originally Posted by mindless View Post
    ok then....here goes! A sneak peek for Ireland Dragon
    LOVE , LOVE, LOVE , LOVE all those colors!

Peggy {Boop56}

Blog Entries
    Sneaky, Sneaky, Boop. I tried to cover up most of the coffee material. LOL I ready am glad that you picked that one, its the one I wanted to make...and I think you will like it, too. O.K. Tomorrow I start cutting...got to get it done before the Alabama and Notre Dane game. Here comes the cheese dip and chips.

I love the sunshine and its cloudy now, bring in on up here...yellow, green, brown and orange like the fall leaves., thats my colors.

Hey twinriverfarm! How are you? Can't wait to see what you have in store for your partner. You do awesome work. Nice to catch up with you again!

Peggy {Boop56}

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    LovingIzabella - I really really like the white background myself. I agree with mindless it really makes the colors POP!!

I started cutting today, and then changed my mind! hehehehe So I worked on getting some of the colors I want to use together and sorted through. I am excited excited EXCITED!!
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Page 19 of 110 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 69 ... LastLast