Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed)

I would send them to me at my home email or open an album entitled private and let Nurse bonnie know not to peak at all. she will or she wont but it does show who looked at your folder so you will know too! Name:  my peeps.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  20.5 KB

twinrivers I am ready and able to take on your quilt now! you are so fast you should have signed up for four! I know hows about I send you some of your fabric and we can quilt along together. you cant open your eyes though. deal?
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    [QUOTE=leakus;5803513]I see everybody working on their quilts. This weekend I put together 2 blocks out of the 9 that go in the center of the quilt I am making for my partner. I am exited. She happened to like purple and it is my favorite color so I am so comfortable working on it.

Question, How does the sneak peak work? (not sure of the spelling LOL). Do I start another thread? I need feedback from the group but don't want to show it to NurseBonnie.
    What do you suggest?

We will just cover her eyes and she will not see!
    Actually I think anyway you do it she can look at it... so just post it
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

I got mine 1/2 done, still working on it each day.
    buddy'smom
    April's mom
    Tara's mom

I am just in awe of you guys. YOu see my big mouth had signed up for pretty much all the swaps I could possible sign up for and now just finishing the final couple. last night I sewed like crazy and accomplished much which is a grand thing. no monkeys on this back thank you which leaves me with oodles of time for my good pal Twinrivers. finishing things is good and makes it easier for me to dive into others. I hate getting that backlog feeling and for those of you who do it well more power to you. For me it gives me anxiety attacks and its my own darn fault. Today is dialysis but I can do binding while in the chair.. make the time count you know? it is good for the first two hours then the cramps start but two hours one can do a whole lot. everyone stops to peak what are you doing now its kinda a show and tell another lady makes knitted gloves while there. For Christmas she gave everyone there a pair. what a lovely lady.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    On the sneak peak, not sure if Jillaine has a group for us yet, but last time under groups which is in the community tab above, she started a group which we all join in and then you start a blurb there with the photos to have that sneak peek, then on the title of the thread you put in there 'SNEEK PEEK FOR ________" and then that person knows not to look unless they just can't stand the temptation. Worked well last time, hey Jillaine>>>>>>>>
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Well, I looked and she is so efficient, and leakus you have posted there already, so start a thread and post the sneak peek there. http://www.quiltingboard.com/groups/...-swap-g25.html
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Didi, Tyler and Alberto were in West Palm racing and Hollie had flown to Texas so I had miss Hannah from Tuesday on. Did not realize how much work a 5 year old was. We also had to watch the grand-dog. I have two 2year old dogs and theirs is about 1 1/2 years old. My Tinkerbell had a sore leg and when they were running and playing she went down. We took her to vet yesterday and she has a blown knee. $4000 to fix. Now i will be doing a lot of research to see what other options we have because that is not feasable at this time. I do have to go. No scool yesterday or today so I have my darlings again. Seems like the kids ate breakfast and now are wanting their lunch. I swear, I cannot fill them up. This weekend I am claiming for myself so I can get done what I want. Later, Peggy
    Angel Wings, Butterfly Kisses and Faere Dust for all!!!!

Peggy {Boop56}

Quote Originally Posted by Boop56 View Post
    Didi, Tyler and Alberto were in West Palm racing and Hollie had flown to Texas so I had miss Hannah from Tuesday on. Did not realize how much work a 5 year old was. We also had to watch the grand-dog. I have two 2year old dogs and theirs is about 1 1/2 years old. My Tinkerbell had a sore leg and when they were running and playing she went down. We took her to vet yesterday and she has a blown knee. $4000 to fix. Now i will be doing a lot of research to see what other options we have because that is not feasable at this time. I do have to go. No scool yesterday or today so I have my darlings again. Seems like the kids ate breakfast and now are wanting their lunch. I swear, I cannot fill them up. This weekend I am claiming for myself so I can get done what I want. Later, Peggy
    Oh honey!!! I've done 2 TPLO surguries on my baby girl. They are expensive. Good luck!!! Hugs!

Wendy (IrelandDragonQuilting) I posted a sneek peak for you....so don't look. ha ha ha
    I haven't figured out how to upload into the groups page yet, so I created an album called q4q 2013 & posted a pic there. (It's not a recent pic....the top is almost done now. But...it's not too late to say eewww! I have lots of time to try something else if you like... and I REALLY wouldn't mind )
    Last edited by mindless; 01-22-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Ohmygoodness! Poor Tinkerbell!!! Is it possible for her to wear a splint or cast? Or does she require surgery? Poor thing!

Took a short break for a few days...sometimes it's a good thing to do....finished up a couple of smaller items.
    Tomorrow will start again working on sashing strips. The sneak peek fabrics I'm seeing are so pretty.

So here I sit. It's only 7:30 on a Tuesday night but after a solid week of 5 year old granddaughter, plus the past two days of her 8 year old brother, plus remembering I also signed up for rug mug swap, plus writing up 3 orders for my Origami Owl bussiness that I am trying to kick start , plus being so attenative to my dog Tinkerbell....i am booped out. I run to this sight because it is amazing. Love everything I am seeing. Can't wait for Saturday. Hopefully we will warm up enough to sit outside and drink coffee and sew, sew, sew. Well my yawns are getting bigger, my eyes are getting smaller and my mistakes are becoming toooooo many! And I was just grossed out. Watching a taped Chooped and one of the chefs just dropped his food on the floor, repanned it and is now serving it to the chef judges. WHAT does he do in the resturant he works in????!!!! That is such a scary thought. Sew on my lovelies, till we meet on the marrow......Peggy

Peggy {Boop56}

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    O.K. Peggy(Boop56), here's a couple of squares done and a sneak look at the other squares, don't cry I'm going to add some color too..Attachment 388261Attachment 388262Attachment 388263
    I am so loving this fabric!! My kitchen flows right into my dining area and two living rooms. This will be so perfect!!! Thank-You!!! Hopefully....I will be able to post SOMETHING on Sunday for you.

Peggy {Boop56}

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Well, I looked and she is so efficient, and leakus you have posted there already, so start a thread and post the sneak peek there. http://www.quiltingboard.com/groups/...-swap-g25.html
    How do I post a picture in the group thingy?
    :-( I wish I was a full time quilter!
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

Andrea, if you create an album in your profile first, then you can add pics to the groups page from your album.

Quote Originally Posted by mindless View Post
    Andrea, if you create an album in your profile first, then you can add pics to the groups page from your album.
    No clue, that is advanced Quilting Board!!!
    I just created a Sneak peek brand new thread on the Pictures section. Nurse Bonnie answered my PM and said she likes surprises and will not look at it!

tell me what you think of the little I have come up with so far.
    thanks
    andrea- leakus
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

Quote Originally Posted by leakus View Post
    No clue, that is advanced Quilting Board!!!
    I just created a Sneak peek brand new thread on the Pictures section. Nurse Bonnie answered my PM and said she likes surprises and will not look at it!

tell me what you think of the little I have come up with so far.
    thanks
    andrea- leakus
    That's brilliant! I didn't think of that....I'm off to see your sneaky peek...

thanks for your input mindless. I just need to have some time to add a few more blocks.
    Andrea (Margate, FL)

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mindless View Post
    Wendy (IrelandDragonQuilting) I posted a sneek peak for you....so don't look. ha ha ha
    I haven't figured out how to upload into the groups page yet, so I created an album called q4q 2013 & posted a pic there. (It's not a recent pic....the top is almost done now. But...it's not too late to say eewww! I have lots of time to try something else if you like... and I REALLY wouldn't mind )

I am so doing the happy dance! I love it! I love the colors and the way it is coming together, thank you thank you!!
    I am on my way to Montana and will be able to stop in at my favorite quilt store there in Glendive, which I always find great deals! Cannot wait, because that is where I am going to pick up the back ground fabric and can work on it some more when I get back home on Saturday!
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Quote Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
    I am so doing the happy dance! I love it! I love the colors and the way it is coming together, thank you thank you!!
    I am on my way to Montana and will be able to stop in at my favorite quilt store there in Glendive, which I always find great deals! Cannot wait, because that is where I am going to pick up the back ground fabric and can work on it some more when I get back home on Saturday!
    Be careful on those roads Wendy! I hope you have great traveling weather & a nice, fun trip! I'm so glad I found colors you like. You made it really easy for me!

If any of you are into free embroidery fonts & patterns, I found this great site: (it may not be news to most of you, but it's new to me ) http://www.dafont.com

Stupid is as stupid me. Yesterday, thought while I was sewing I would look into the doll quilts again. Found February sign-up. Got excited and signed up. This morning, tried to look it up and couldn't not find it. I signed up for LAST year's post. Yep. I sure did. Time to take my happy behind and find something to do. Hope you are all having a great day. 2 more days and it is the weekend. Yea me. Coffee and sew....sew and coffee....even went and bought my ice cream so I can put it in my coffee in the afternoon. Blessed Be!

Peggy {Boop56}

Boop56, I love putting ice cream in my coffee, I usually like vanilla but chocolate is a great option also!

Buddy'smom, blocks are coming along. This weekend I am hoping to be sitting at my sewing machine without any interruptions.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week and an even better weekend!

Blog Entries
    lovngrandma, I realized that I did a very poor job in my previous message to you. I meant to ask you IF I am on the right track with these fabrics...and I will attach the photo this time. These fabrics (if they are some that you like) will be added to the quilt. I have lots of other additions but don"t want to give away the surprise...Name:  2013-01-20 006.JPG
Views: 73
Size:  549.4 KB
    "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold" - Friends on this Quilting Board are treasures indeed!

Tam...Moo those are so happy & fun!!! I especially love those birds

Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast