Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 43 of 109 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 53 93 ... LastLast

Thread: Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed

Nancia, he just turned 20 a couple weeks ago. I'd never chain him out in the yard, but we have threatened to move his bedroom to the garage, lol.

Well I just have the boarder left to put on the front, but I haven't decided for sure what to do with the back yet. Part of me would like to make it reversible, so it can be enjoyed year around, but then I get to thinking about quilting it, and it everything doesn't line up perfect, yeah, that could be bad. So, the other option would be, 1 solid fabric, or I have 2 that are made to to go together, which both appear on the front, that I could do in alternating sections. Either way it could be used year around, since these are the non-winter fabrics, but it wouldn't be quite as decorative as if I made it to be used year around. Sigh.....decisions, decisions.

Blog Entries
    Common now, not EVERYONE can finish ahead of me!! Mine is still a "figment of my imagination", I sure hope I can get working on it this weekend. I know that once I start, it won't take long, it's getting started that's killer. LOL Finishing up the other two committments that need mailed tomorrow. Then to work on my wonderful table runner! Can't wait to see them all.
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Ok I have stalled enough I got busy working on another project a mystery quilt. I WILL bind my first tablerunner and get it in the mail BY the first which I believe is tomorrow. so I had best get cutting fabric! I quilted it was very happy til I turned it over. The fabric puckered a bit where the seams are and I figured out why AFTER the fact. wrong size needle for the job. shoot! see I had this marvelous idea. I was going to use the batting for pot holders in it so it would be semi safe for warm items should it be used on a dinner table. DONT TRY THIS GOOD IDEA UNLESS YOU CHANGE YOUR NEEDLE first. sheesh. Its very nice on the front so try as I did to make it reversable I think it is not. I will hope my recipient is understanding. It doesnt look BAD it just isnt looking perfect which was all I hoped for. darned it. My second one will be great. I am stalling on even designing it. My partner has not even posted. I cant get to know her at all. I wonder if she forgot she is doing this one or if she is just a silent looker? Me I am so quiet too I know .. and um shy here.. and um .. hard to get to know.

oh oh guess what? you cant guess you goobers.. I was suprised yesterday by my hubby and one of the working men here when they brought in a MONSTER Christmas tree yesterday. I hadnt asked for one they are outrageously priced. Was going to put up garland with lights and ornaments which is very pretty too. This tree is 8.5 feet tall my favorite on earth type the Norwegian fir or is it Nordic? fir.. the kind with all those up needles and largerer spacing between branches so your ornies show? IT IS GORGEOUS. He put the lights on for me last night and its magical. I had a pretty eventfully cruddy day on and off yesterday and this gift was beyond what I needed. It was my lucky day.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    So glad you're feeling better today Linda. I woke up at 2am and couldn't go back to sleep to save my soul. Got up at 3 and went downstairs and began sewing. Feel like I've already put in half a day but am still wide awake so guess all is good. Probably crash about 9 and go to bed early. More sewing and quilting for the rest of the day.

What a wonderful way to finish off your day!! That is absolutely wonderful... Makes me want to come up and see it!!

I have been limited to fake trees for many years now and miss the smell of having a fresh tree in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
    oh oh guess what? you cant guess you goobers.. I was suprised yesterday by my hubby and one of the working men here when they brought in a MONSTER Christmas tree yesterday. I hadnt asked for one they are outrageously priced. Was going to put up garland with lights and ornaments which is very pretty too. This tree is 8.5 feet tall my favorite on earth type the Norwegian fir or is it Nordic? fir.. the kind with all those up needles and largerer spacing between branches so your ornies show? IT IS GORGEOUS. He put the lights on for me last night and its magical. I had a pretty eventfully cruddy day on and off yesterday and this gift was beyond what I needed. It was my lucky day.

Never had a real tree...
    Megan
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/K9Creative
    Happiness is a new quilt and an old dog.

Blog Entries
    I am going to try and get to PO today, well maybe not! I have several packages to mail... Please forgive me for running late, I am a chicken with out a head this week! Doing final touches for Show, We drop off and set up booth this afternoon and sales starts first thing in the morning!

I am very optimistic! prayers appreciated~ Hoping to make a big enough nest egg to go and see some family members this spring!

I will catchup reading Monday! Honest~ Hey you know I will try~
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

I haven't had a real tree since I was in elementary school. My mom decided she wanted a silver tree when I was in junior high, and it's been fake tree ever since. Most of the time now we don't even put a tree up, since we're not usually home for Christmas. I still have a full size one, but it's in storage, and I have no idea where in the world we would put one up in this house. We bought a 2-3' prelit tree a few years ago, but half the time don't get it out either. I guess we're the opposite of most of the people in our neighborhood. I don't get it, but most of our neighbors have at least 2 trees. One of my boyfriend's coworkers and his wife put up about 40 trees a year, each with a different theme. They've got all their ornaments cataloged and photographed on a web site. It's amazing, but I don't get it. I used to decorate in & out for Christmas when my son was little, but I just can't get into it anymore.

I have physical therapy for my foot in a couple hours, then I guess I'll get back on my runner

My "Winter Swap" is done!

I love it, I hope my partner does. I even put a label on the back of it. Made from a charm pack I had on hand and the colors fit my partner.

The picture is dark as it is a rainy, cloudy day here in Oregon. The usual for this time of year.

Diane
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sorry i have been mia. Just trying to get my life corralled into something resembling responsible adulthood. Its tiring!! Haha. I only have a design concept. Its nowhere near achieving physical manifestation yet...you can decide if i mean responsible adulthood or table runner.
    It isn't homework unless it's due tomorrow.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Page 43 of 109 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 53 93 ... LastLast