Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed >

Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed

Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed

Old 11-30-2012, 02:03 PM

Responsible adulthood....what's that? I can tell you, it's highly overrated, and it's hard to tell for sure if and when you've finally arrived. Some days I look around and think "OK, I'm 40 now. Shouldn't I feel like a responsible adult?" and yet I don't always. As for the runner, well it's not gonna make itself!
Old 11-30-2012, 02:07 PM

Ooh Diane that's so pretty!! I love the pattern, too!

Man, I need to get crankin' here! I'm loving all these patterns and they're looking great in my head, but the pile of fabric isn't doing it. Where's my quilt fairys??
Old 11-30-2012, 02:19 PM

Loup I will help be your quilt fairy with an attitude. where is that wand.. come a little closer so I can whack you on the back of the head with it, I wall it..a creative WHACK there you are feeling it. Just go with your gut, triangles? squares? snowballs? stripes.. heavy details or simple. a rectanglewith a border can look great. Do you need another whack? and it doesnt have to be bound think the rules do not state that right anastasia? it could be sewn flipped and quilted and still look great.. so you see I am not horribly picky at all about the table runner your making for me so please throw caution to the wind pick on fabric and then grab the colors you like best with that. very simple.

so why cant I sew the binding on yet? I finished 5 blocks so my lights are done for the mystery quilt just need five more darks and can sew the top together.. yet its nap time AND I need ornies on my tree. I dont need two trees. One is lovely. I dont knock anyone with energy that I dont have. Kensington here has 18. She beats me by 17. I am happy fo her its her 'happy spot". I amworn out thinking about it. I used to put up stuff all around on top of the fridge over the back of the toilet (fresh greens) and well if there was a spot it had something. Kids are grown but I ama big kid at heart and love what I grew up with. So I decorate now for me. It brings me joy. Memories can not be bought but trigger objects well can be priceless too. I recommend giving it a whirl. Christmas is in my heart not certainly at the stores or in my pocket book. I dont need presents but I sure have a need for Christmas joy. Beensinging carols now for the last two plus weeks. in private so dont worry the rest of the world is clueless how goofy I am.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:29 PM

As the girls in quilt club like to say - there's usually an overachiever or two.

My fabric selections are sitting on my cutting table; need to pick up my embellishments - my partner seldom if ever posts on this board.......hmmmmmm; hopefully my idea of winter works for them.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:01 PM

i'm waiting for a package to arrive. i think it has the pattern for my runner in it--fingers crossed. i'm always surprised when i see what i sleep-shopped and bought. it's a lot like sleep walking , except a lot more expensive. i'm on a fabric buying moratorium, and i might have bought this before i signed up for that-- at least, i hope so!! hate to have blown it already!!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:59 AM

LOL, thanks Brat, I needed that. Breakfast is done, now I'm going to do a little inside decorating for Christmas, then a quick trip to Joann's and back to work!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:36 AM

I was looking at mine yesterday and it's still missing something. I thought I had a little scrap of red fabric left, but I tore the stash up yesterday looking for it with no success. Well, I found some red fabric, but it was not what I was looking for. I think I'm going to have to go raid Hobby Lobby's Christmas section & see what they have in an applique kit for inspiration. Surely it'll be cheaper than buying fabric, threat, etc. Dunno, we'll see.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:01 AM

I know I posted this before but.. here it is again.

**** PLEASE SEND ME A PM WHEN YOU HAVE MAILED AND RECEIVED YOUR TABLE RUNNER/TOPPER*****

Thanks
Old 12-01-2012, 10:15 PM

I will PM you but since it has to go out in Mondays mail I will PM you then just for the heck of it. I am sending table runner one home to rest where it shall be it on a table a shelf, the coffee table.. it is ready to fly home. FINALLY! Still havent put the ornaments on my tree. Its so pretty the way it is but truthfully just havent been energized to. I will do that tomorrow before I quilt or it might keep being a tree with lights and nothing more I would much rather quilt than all the other things that I have todo even want to do. I did get my Christmas cards out in the mail today. So a quasi productive day.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:34 AM

Oh - thanks for reminding me - Christmas cards. Thankfully there are not too many any more....Just kept leaving some off each year - and then the olders ones pass - so only about 20 to do - but those are ones with letters that need to go in them - very time consuming.
No tree up this year. Just the thought of having to take it down in a month stops me dead in my tracks.
Have been going through storage boxes and found my jewelry box that I packed away 9 years ago when we went on the road. Wow what a memory lane that was. So now I am making a jewelry cabinet that hides behind a picture on the wall. It is coming together and will be working on that today as my dining room table has all the jewelry on it!
Have my table topper top done, and found some nice sparkly white fabric for the back. It would be awesome for FMQ but if I did it - no one would want it. It is not something I have been able to succeed at. So maybe I will just send it and let her do it (heheh)
I am so thankful for a warm home and electricity. There are still many people in shelters and no homes and/or no electricity on the east coast.