April - Boom 18

Old 01-21-2017, 11:35 PM
Power Poster

I made an album for my local swap. The group is called Love Piece and Joy Quilters and you can see the seven blocks I've made for them here:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19729.html

Click on the thumbnails and they will get bigger.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:00 AM

TG you amaze me with that center, Wow!

Bibliostone and Kass great start to Beautiful quilts, can't wait to see them finished

Told hubby I have a package coming next week, after I open it I will be going underground for a few days, fend for yourself. He looked at me like, Yep you really are nuts
Old 01-22-2017, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I made an album for my local swap. The group is called Love Piece and Joy Quilters and you can see the seven blocks I've made for them here:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19729.html

Click on the thumbnails and they will get bigger.

Oh, what pretty blocks! It's amazing how color placement can totally change how the same block looks. You're going to have your group hooked on swapping too. Bravo!
Old 01-22-2017, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
Well, I thought I would get farther on my En Provence, but I have been too ill with the coughing crud to sew. Finally starting to feel a little better. Here is the top left corner of my En Provence.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]566400[/ATTACH]

I hope you feel better soon. That stuff is going around here too. I'm making like a hermit and trying my best to avoid it.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:57 AM

Morning can't wait to get my package! I will be gone for 10 days,visiting my grandkids in Va. So will be off the board.See you all soon.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
sewbiz - how did your swapping go?? keep us updated - would love to see what they come up with and maybe they will swap with us on Boom19!
This is what I was working on before leaving NY. It will be part of my center for this quilt. I really amazed myself!!

now let me tell you how wonderful it feels to be in capris with sandals. Eating our meals outside at the table. And today I played shuffleboard! Mom enjoying the social aspect of the park!
Yay for sunny days and capris

TG this center is outstanding I am in awe.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:05 AM

Bibliostone, great progress on your En Provence, mine is going slower then I hoped too for sickness.

Sewbiz awesome swap blocks for the other swap, they will be hooked for sure. Gotta love a sweet little fussy cut in the whirly gig star, and the blue/green/brown combo is awesome, bravo for going for it w/ the curved drunkards path!
Old 01-22-2017, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Thank you Janice... I appreciate all your work to get our packages ready for shipment.

One of my goals was to finish my En Provence mystery quilt before the booms started. I have been quilting it today and I'm nearly done, so I might make it! I don't have a long arm and this puppy has been quite a wrestling match to manuever on my Juki dsm. I feel like I've had a back and shoulders workout at the gym!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]566142[/ATTACH]
Very pretty and you are way more brave than I am I would never try my own quilting like this I would be terrified of destroying all my hard work.

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
I'm at Road to California today, Friday and Saturday. My DH was supposed to go too but he got a stomach upset and I'm on my own here. He's now wishing he had gone because my class tomorrow is using the sit down sweet 16. I spent 45 minutes at the booth trying it out today. It was so easy to use. I was almost as good on it as I am on my home machine. He's getting nervous I'm going to buy one of the class machines. hee hee
How was it? hid you get any cool stuff and did you enjoy your classes? inquiring minds want to know.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I'm working on my En Provence while I'm waiting for the squishy. These are the first 2 blocks quilted and assembled QAYG. [ATTACH=CONFIG]566224[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]566225[/ATTACH]
Kass this is beautiful I hope you share it finished and I love the cats.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:08 AM

TG - That center is astounding. The shading is gorgeous. And the flying geese just tops it off. The rays remind me of compass roses, with which I have a fascination. Where did you get the pattern or did you design it yourself?

Bibliostone - The checkerboard effect of your background makes the pattern seem more controlled. Good for you!

SBG - as always, awesome blocks. You are such a fast worker with a great eye for design and color. The 7 blocks posted show how the same color and/or designs produce such different visions. You even used the same block pattern on 3 but they look so very different.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:16 AM

To all who may be enjoying our changeable Florida weather, especially those in mobile home or RV parks, please know where the permanent safety shelters are and go there during severe weather. A bit of damp or wind should not keep you from seeking a more structurally sound building during tornado warnings. Those others in the path of this weather, please stay safe.