Boomerang 7.0-FIRE Group

Old 03-16-2012, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
Well, I've got all but 2 of mine ready to mail in the morning ... but I ran out of stamps.

(And I'm trying to figure out how to stuff myself into the Ireland and Germany envelopes! I've always wanted to visit both! )
You mean you're not a contortionist?
Old 03-16-2012, 06:12 AM

Yaya-yes I was so excited to be able to do it and I truly enjoyed the rewarding feeling that it gave me. Now I just commend those who can. I made my BF (best friend not boy friend as I am married lolol) a firefighter quilt for his 40th birthday. He loved it and uses it every day. So many people were like you should hang it up or put it away and never use it. To me that is NOT what a quilt is about. It is not loved if it is not used is my opinion.
And yes I feel so much better than I have in so long! It feels beyond amazing to feel human again and to be able to see AND feel my legs again!
OK Darla-In order to make the groups even I did not put you in the fire group. I am so sorry. I hope this is okay with you. It was really hard balancing the groups this time around.

Ladies you all will be helping me with a very special project-new bathroom curtains LOL. I am redoing our bathroom and have decided to go from ducks to western. So anything you want to make is great with me all I ask is you stick with the colors in the F8 I send. I am attaching a picture of my fabric...hope it inspires you all
Hugs
April
Attached Thumbnails fire.jpg  
Old 03-16-2012, 06:47 AM

OK...so I already have ideas for moonrise's block!!! I sortof have an idea for our wonderful coordinator LovingIsabella... NDQuilts...Hmmm...will have to see which color I get to decide. Wanda Lou, I love your black and white idea. I'm actually working on a black and white with red fabric right now. Gonna be FUN!!! Can't wait to see what everyone else sends in!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:47 AM

Moonrise I received your fabric today, and can't wait to get started.
Yosa I have always wanted a black and white quilt but never got around to making one for ME. and I love the idea of adding a slpash of red but I wasnt sure if we could suggest color or not. I can't wait to see what you create.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:03 PM

Ok ladies, I haven't even got my fabric ready to mail yet. Maybe tonight. I'm thinking 30's?? I received an F8 from Yosamitesa today and have her block completed and will be in tomorrows mail. I hope you enjoy your block.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom View Post
Ok ladies, I haven't even got my fabric ready to mail yet. Maybe tonight. I'm thinking 30's?? I received an F8 from Yosamitesa today and have her block completed and will be in tomorrows mail. I hope you enjoy your block.
Really Mom???????? You just HAD to be the first block done right? LOL
Love you
Hugs
April
Old 03-16-2012, 12:42 PM

Well Hon, ya know how it is??? Done and out ASAP.
Love you to.
MOM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella View Post
Really Mom???????? You just HAD to be the first block done right? LOL
Love you
Hugs
April
Old 03-16-2012, 01:53 PM

OK, FireWomen, I got my fabric mailed out today (Fri) to everyone. I was able to add an additional piece of fabric, so you should have plenty for a block. (See my previous post)

My method of making blocks is "First In, First Out" -- I write the date I rec'd the F8 on the envelope when I get it. (And I don't waiver from that method, no matter HOW tempted I may be!) Please know that I will be on vacation the middle 2 weeks of April, so no sewing then. I'm going to Florida - WOOOHOOO!
Old 03-16-2012, 01:55 PM

Oh, I so agree with you, first in and out. I also mark mine as they come in and do them in order. Have a great time.

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie View Post
OK, FireWomen, I got my fabric mailed out today (Fri) to everyone. I was able to add an additional piece of fabric, so you should have plenty for a block. (See my previous post)

My method of making blocks is "First In, First Out" -- I write the date I rec'd the F8 on the envelope when I get it. (And I don't waiver from that method, no matter HOW tempted I may be!) Please know that I will be on vacation the middle 2 weeks of April, so no sewing then. I'm going to Florida - WOOOHOOO!
Old 03-16-2012, 05:01 PM

I mailed my f8 squishies today from Arizona!! (except the 3 I will mail when I return home Mar 27)