Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
DOLL QUILT SWAP #51  - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one >

DOLL QUILT SWAP #51 - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one

DOLL QUILT SWAP #51 - NOV & DEC 2013 combined into one

Old 11-09-2013, 04:10 PM

I have enjoyed reading your news stories in the newspapers you sent with my awesome runner, Likethedog... after I read them, I took them in for my mom to read. She grew up in a small town, Clarendon, Texas...she and I both loved reading their newspaper when my grandparents were still alive and we would visit them. The name of the paper is The Clarendon Enterprise, but we always called it The Clarendon Headache lol...meant in a loving way, of course! They used to have a section called Lelia Lake News (another reaaly small town about 7 miles from Clarendon). In that section their "news" was "So and So was visited by Mrs. So and So this week." And "Mr Whomever went to wherever and did whatever.". I am not kidding, and I still remember reading that "news" and laughing so hard with Mom and Nanny...great memories! I must tell you that your reporting is much the same as my local newspaper..a lil more personal, which I love, sure makes me nostalgic...Sigh, I am O.L.D.

Brat, I have your "new old re-imagined" table runner ready to quilt, er re-quilt. My Horizon 7700 is in the shop (shameful machine, not even a yr old, sewed on very little...grrr!). So I will be quilting on my newer Juki HZL-400, never have used it for quilting, so if you see handquilting, well..... So far sewing with it has been equally as good if not better than on the Janome...and this machine was 3 times less expensive, I didn't know about this model when I "took the plunge" and bought the 7700 I had been hankering for. Gheez, listen to me grousing over having more than one machine, what a doofus I sound like! We won't go into all the other machines I have...
K

Last edited by kiffie2413; 11-09-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-09-2013, 06:06 PM

Just ducky, your doll quilt is on the way to you, mailed it today. I've had the mason here all day redoing our fireplace and getting the brick in the modern world. Think it is going to look amazing, but the house is really dusty right now and the cleaning ladies don't come for another week. yuk have to do something after tomorrow when he gets done. Hope I can get them to come early. Hubby has to make an amazing mantel which I'm sure he can do, anything wood he can get it done.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:30 PM

He does lovely work Jaba. I am sure you will be very pleased.

Kiff if you want to talk how many machines have a chat with jaba. I think she has a zillion. Or just shy of that anyways
Old 11-10-2013, 01:31 PM

Brat,
I actually feel a wee bit better about the number of machines I have...after seeing the number that a lot of people here on qb have.
I have seen a few who have the entire list of machines they own listed in their signature, that always makes me feel better...lol..and wondering if I need to go shopping???..

Jaba, I bet your fireplace will look lovely! I read where you say the cleaning ladies don't come for another week...I am the cleaning lady here...term used loosely. It's amazing how health issues make one reconsider their definition of "clean"... I am sure having cleaning ladies is a necessity with your back issues...do hope therapy is going well for you! Since I was young my mom has always said "If people are coming to see my house instead of me they can stay home!". She always has kept a tidy house, however...and a dust bunny or 2 now and again doesn't really count. Unless you're in Stephen King's novel "Dolores Claiborne"
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 11-10-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:20 PM

Kif I have always been my own cleaning lady too, but now am trying very hard to actually follow the doc's orders! It's a little hard to do when you can't lift, push, pull or bend....actually it sucks!! Think tomorrow it will be done, they worked all day yesterday and today, just a little bit left and then the carpet layer coming to stretch the carpet back in place. Hubby Bill is going to build me the mantel I want out of oak so that will take a week or so but it is looking amazing. Surprising how just covering plain old bricks with rock makes it look so massive, but the living room is really quite large. Have a little shop vac that I am going to vacuum the furniture with and the drapes though, very dusty and the benadryl (sp) is not working on it. Will post a pic when it is done so you can see what it looks like. I love it already just hate the dust now. Think I get that from my Mother, her house was always immaculate....mine certainly isn't but I try and go nuts if it isn't ......especially seeing dust on furniture.
Please all keep Elisabrat in your thoughts tomorrow. She goes to the doctor to be put on the list for a transplant. Lots of items to consider for how far up the list your name gets to be, lets all pray she's up to the top!!! Please keep her in your thoughts and well wishes.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:10 AM

Thanks Jaba. The hard part about a kidney transplant is.. you are at the bottom of the list period and only time and nothing else will move you up. I find out if I qualify to be on the list. I am on one in Ca (a tad far away) and its a longer wait there, more people in line in front of you due to population etc.. so if I get on this list.. I have a wait time of half of CA. Trick is if I don't make it.. they will probably disqualify me in CA too.. depends on your tests and heart and weight and all sorts of tricky things. I am nervous as all heck. argh pirates! chicken.. bock bock. that is me. this transplant is so important to me. breath Brat BREATH!

ok onto fun things I finished my doll quilt for tessipug. Now to hand stitch the binding and put a tiny bit of bling on it and it will be ready to mail by Tues or Wed. I am seriously pleased with this it is coming out pretty cute for something that had no pattern to it. Phew!

Hope you feel much better today Jaba. And you shouldn't even be hunkering over a machine let alone running around with a vacuum. I will pray that Bill just snags that from you and handles it He is pretty good at being a grand helper and oak will be really nice in your HUGE dance hall livingroom. Its big in a BIG way girls.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:50 AM

PS HAPPY VETERANS DAY to all of you who have served. Thank you!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:14 AM
Banned

I have been working on cutting out the template for this months
dq. It is a pattern from Fat Cat Patterns the snowflake located in
the free patterns section.

I printed the pattern, and after I taped the sections together, I wanted
to "reinforce" the paper so I put tape on the back of the pattern just on
the actual lines of the pattern (not the whole pages).

Think I might also add some bling to the dq.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:07 AM

Thinking of Brat today!
Old 11-11-2013, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Just ducky, your doll quilt is on the way to you, mailed it today. I've had the mason here all day redoing our fireplace and getting the brick in the modern world. Think it is going to look amazing, but the house is really dusty right now and the cleaning ladies don't come for another week. yuk have to do something after tomorrow when he gets done. Hope I can get them to come early. Hubby has to make an amazing mantel which I'm sure he can do, anything wood he can get it done.
OMgoodness! you are quick! Reading your post reminds me of when I worked at the fabric store. Everyone seems to pick the holiday time to redecorate - always made me chuckle. I am sure it will look fabulous and ready to hang some stockings on for Christmas maybe? I am not quite finished with yours yet, but hopefully within the next week. I have to fit my sewing time in with my work, family, etc... Thanks for letting me know and I'll let you know when yours is on the way too