Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 52 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2 42 51 52 53 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Fun to see all the latest pretty quilt blocks. Robert that is a very pretty table runner. Elizabrat that was a kind thing you did to invite your special Thanksgiving guest to the table. That is what it is all about.
    JuneBillie - In memory of my dear mother June, and my dear mother in law Billie.
    I am thankful for this day My name - Susan

Just beautiful Robert!
    Quote Originally Posted by rfbrazell View Post
    Here are some pics of the 2013 Thanks giving table runner. We are hosting the "Orphan" Family at church this year. It's the people who don't have family in the area or can't afford to have a nice dinner. We have lots of families that are hit with the Boeing Strike. So I've made a couple table runners for the dinner and put the magic star under a chair and who ever has it gets to take the runner on their table.
    Here are some pics.
    The last one is a technique I had never heard of called "Railroading" I learned it from Quiltermomma in Cheny Washington. Love it Beth.
    I've got one more to do with some special stars made by FireCheif. I love them.
    Don't look close to the stippling, I am on a tight time schedule...YIKES
    Happy Thanksgiving.
    Blessings to all
    Roberto

Sewing60, I received your block today...very nice and thank you for the extra trinket

I'll try and post a picture tonight....until then, others can wonder and guess what the trinket is ... he he he
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    Boomerang 9 - Pacific blocks -- peek if you want to
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5857779

thank you everyone I know it the right thing to do but boy I am already tired thinking of what has yet to be done. Clinic tomorrow which wears me out so very much so I have to do it all today so its just a put it in the oven and go rest kind of thing. I am making sweet potato casserole right now and the house smells divine! growing stomach! it has cream cheese, butter and pecans in it. All so very low calorie lol but a nice side dish to go with the raviolis. I have never had a thanksgiving without raviolis. They are served first and always disappear quickly.

I love that magic 9 patch have not seen the pattern for that one. can you post a link for it please?
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post

I love that magic 9 patch have not seen the pattern for that one. can you post a link for it please?
    Here you go Brat... beware it makes 2 blocks when you cut stuff out for what you think is 1

http://www.lynbrown.com/magic-9-patc...ration-quilts/
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    Boomerang 9 - Pacific blocks -- peek if you want to
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post5857779

Blog Entries
    Robert, your runners are so beautiful! I have to take a break from all swaps so I can go to CA. to be with my mom. When I get back and able to join in again, I hope that some day I have you as a partner. Your work is astounding!
    Okay, I'm gushing, sorry, can't help it.
    Good Better Best, never let it rest till the good is better and the better best

Dotty, dh was going through his mail and there was the envelope from you on our side swap. Thanks so much will send a picture once the excitement dies down Terriamn

Thank you for the link moonwork cant wait to try it!

I had a great time with our guest last night and at the end of dinner I said I was sending him home with a care package. He looked at me and said its been such a long time since he heard those words. I thinking I had said something wrong said.. what words? he said care package. He hasn't received one in over 10 yrs. I gulped. I gift them all the time to people. I will surely bring him a little package once a week or so. I ran some over to my neighbors who were not going anywhere for the holiday and they hadn't eaten yet.. she was so happy. she said we were looking at canned food. on THANKSGIVING?? sigh. so I felt good. Enough left over for soup today and then I start anew. a grand holiday all in all hope yours was too!

I have decided starting in January to do a fall quilt for my blocks here. I would love to switch to fall as I will have enough now come Dec to complete my Christmas quilt. Its a lap quilt and I had more than half already done before you all helped me out. I love it. I think the next quilt will be for my sister in Virginia. She seems to think of pumpkins and fall leaves everytime she thinks of me. not sure why lol but it works
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Brat, you are so sweet. Giving more than you can always results in a huge return of blessings!
    The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Boomerangs and BOM Blocks: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...19-albums.html

I'm mailing my blocks today! Hey, it's not the LAST day of the month... sorry it's taken so long, cjr. My blocks are ... different, shall we say. Hope they're OK! And if not, we can start a "what not to do" thread.

Page 52 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2 42 51 52 53 62 102 152 ... LastLast