Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2-5-candy-birthday-swap-closed-full-t212411.html)

barbarakibler23 08-16-2013 07:24 PM

Fraew...how many more packages are you waiting for?

Barb

Fraew 08-16-2013 07:46 PM

Hey Barb. I have no idea. Everyone has been so busy, I figured if they get here great, if not oh well. I have posted all that I have received. Thanks for checking. :)

marybrace 08-18-2013 09:40 AM

Have I missed postings from mitcham (July 30 birthday) and Gandee1 (August 8 birthday) listing the candies they received?

Mary Ellen

JNCT14 08-19-2013 03:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey ladies, busy weekend. We had our cheerleading carwash fundraiser (we made BANK!!!), had to get my younger daughter back and forth to work and then a bonfire party with the squad, then brunch with parents on Sunday. In between I worked on a wall hanging for Rhonda's 4th swap. I have always stayed away from fusible web for applique because I thought that needle turn applique was the proper way to do it. However it limits you on complex designs. One of the blocks for Barb had flowers on a pineapple block that were done with fusible web and the curves were perfect! So I decided to try it. The only thing I did not like was using Aurofil - it gave me fits and kept breaking. I switched to a lightweight poly thread and while it showed more than I liked, it was easier to work with and the FMQ should cover it. Take a look - I really like this!

Darcene 08-19-2013 07:01 AM

What a lovely applique work in progress...you do such good work, Janice.....I too, spend a lot of time on Pinterest...if you do a search under "pinners" for Darcene Kendall you will find me and my boards....hope to see and follow many of you from this board....off now to try to start bringing some order and organization to my sewing space so that maybe I can find my quilting mojo....

Darcene

Honchey 08-19-2013 11:30 AM

Oh what a lovely rooster you made JNCT14.... I like him very much... I have been kind of busy lately and while I was working at the Gallery I sewed four and a half strips using the half hex template you sent me awhile ago...It's coming along nicely...I will be sending the Birthday Princess her "Candy" in another day or two..I want to add some new fabric to my candy stash...I have too many UFO's and other than what I've committed to I won't be starting anything new..I promise :D....

JNCT14 08-19-2013 12:06 PM

Hey Darcene - wish I could say its applique but I still say that if it isn't needle turn then its cheating! But I must say I like the flexibility so I can do more 'artsy' projects. I am not very good at those......

JNCT14 08-20-2013 03:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another fused piece. I copied the pattern from a sticker. It is for a friend who is a teacher - her theme this year is owls (5th grade). We also copied the pattern onto 8.5" squares. The kids will color the owls and I will heat set them and create a wallhanging. I love this owl though -he has googy eyes! Why am I on a bird kick????? :)

sustraley 08-21-2013 03:06 AM

Very cute JNCT14

oneteappot 08-21-2013 06:01 AM

The chicken is cute but I love the owl! Great colors!