Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2-5-candy-birthday-swap-closed-full-t212411.html)

barbarakibler23 06-24-2013 06:10 PM

Karen...thanks so much I appreciate everyone in this group...you have all been very kind!

Originally Posted by carrot (Post 6139234)
Barb with all you have been and are going through-------you are a wonder woman !!! You are doing a great job and we appreciate everything you do for us !!!:thumbup:

barbarakibler23 06-24-2013 07:01 PM

Contest time (finally)
Wanda Lou is our birthday baby this week and celebrating her birthday on June 29th. Two of these things did happen on June 29th which one is the one that did NOT? What date did it happen?
(
Remember GOOGLE is your friend for this one)

1925 U.S.A. Santa Barbara Earthquake The picturesque Santa Barbara was rocked by an earthquake causing heavy loss of life when the dam burst and water mains burst causing some of areas of the city to be flattened . The quake was felt as far away as San Fransisco and Los Angeles with many millions of dollars worth of damage across California, The earthquake was also felt in other states including Montana with more damage.

1994 U.S.A. Tonya Harding : The U.S. Figure Skating Association ( USFSA ) stripped Tonya Harding of her her 1994 national Figure Skating championship title and banned her from the organization for life for an attack on rival Nancy Kerrigan. The investigation by the USFSA decided Harding knew about the attack before it happened and displayed "a clear disregard for fairness, good sportsmanship and ethical behavior".

United States 2007 United States Apple iPhone Released : The first Apple iPhones went on sale in stores for the first time as people lined up and waited outside shops for days. The long anticipated phone featured a touch-screen with no keyboard, wi-fi access, a camera, and the ability to browse the web. Apple stated that they hoped they would take hold a significant portion of the mobile phone market with the immensely popular iPhone.

PM me your answer by 9PM est on Tuesday June 25th.
Barb

Honchey 06-25-2013 08:04 AM

Just checking in to let you know that my July Birthday Candies will be mailed tomorrow...They're all wrapped up & ready to go...

ahwu 06-25-2013 03:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 (Post 6141737)
Love the bag!!!! I need to make one of those. did you use a grid????

Thank you Barb,
I use the Quartsmart pattern. It came with fusible lining to make two bags. It was very easy and fun. Here is my second bag. I make it one strip taller then the original design.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]421126[/ATTACH]

barbarakibler23 06-25-2013 05:50 PM

ahwu...I gotta make me one of those bags!!!! love the blue one too!

barbarakibler23 06-25-2013 05:51 PM

We have a winner....Congrats to oneteappot....your prize will be on the way soon..

SheriR 06-25-2013 06:58 PM

Dang I spaced the quiz. :(

Welcome back barb!!

SheriR 06-25-2013 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by ahwu (Post 6143550)
Thank you Barb,
I use the Quartsmart pattern. It came with fusible lining to make two bags. It was very easy and fun. Here is my second bag. I make it one strip taller then the original design.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]421126[/ATTACH]

Love love love! Perfect for out lovely candies!

abdconsultant 06-25-2013 07:08 PM

got all my birthday candies, thanks everyone!
the July candies will be mailed this week!

marybrace 06-25-2013 07:28 PM

I did the contest last night and have my answer right here on a piece of paper...just forgot to send it in. What is the correct answer (so I can grade my own work)?

I have the July candies ready to mail.....