Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2013-quilt-quilters-swap-closed-t208927.html)

IrelandDragonQuilting 12-26-2012 07:17 PM

Scrappy quilts are awesome!

QuilterMomma 12-27-2012 08:12 AM

So there is a possible match up between us roseirish48. This could be more fun than we know.

QuilterMomma 12-27-2012 08:13 AM

So you are saying I better decide what kind of quilt I want to have so jillaine can match me up with you girls?

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting (Post 5742222)
Scrappy quilts are awesome!

jillaine 12-27-2012 08:38 AM

FYI, I'm up in snowy New Hampshire with the in-laws. Will start matchmaking after the new year. (Or I may wait until 1/15)

QuilterMomma 12-27-2012 09:45 AM

Sure you will, just making sure that what I have will be received by someone who wants. You have fun in that snowy weather and keep it there, you are blowing it my way and I do not like it.

jclinganrey 12-27-2012 10:53 AM

Please let me clarify: what I meant was, if agreed with my swap buddie, that I would send a partially started project/UFO for her to finish and I would make whatever she requests. Could be one of her UFO's - - - and it would be a completely finished quilt.

I'm just thinking that many times, when someone else sees a project for the first time, they see it with a 'fresh set of eyes' and different enthusiasm. Also, knowing that they're making it (or finishing it) for their swap buddy and that there is a deadline will make it almost certain that it will be finished. A bonus would be that I would (obviously) gladly send what I've started, so less fabric outlay for my swap buddy. There would also be plenty of communication between swap buddies.

Jane

QuilterMomma 12-27-2012 11:50 AM

Got it, I could do that since I am on a roll with ufos. If I get your name. No worries here. Yep, definitely less fabric layout for the swap buddy. That fits my budget since Christmas.

Bettypauze 12-27-2012 01:11 PM

New to this group, after making 8 quilts and 22 Christmas runners and 2 table cloths as Christmas gifts I'm ready for a new challenge.

Am Canadian but in USA at least once a month so posting shouldn't be a problem..as for mailing my quilt I have a friend in Buffalo that it can be mailed to as to not have the increased postage.

Now all I need to know is how one sends a PM?

jillaine 12-27-2012 01:37 PM

first highlight the text in my first post and select COPY from your Edit menu (or ctrl-C). Then click on my name. You'll be taken to my profile page. An option there is Send Private Message. In the message window/box, PASTE the text, then edit it with your answers. Looking forward to receiving them.

nclauri 12-27-2012 02:34 PM

Jillaine - I sent you a PM a few days ago - do you respond to let us know you received it? I haven't heard anything. Just want to make sure I am on your swap list. Thanks.