Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2013-quilt-quilters-swap-closed-t208927.html)

shortmom5 07-04-2013 08:48 AM

Beautiful quilts, wonderful to see so many different patterns and color combinations! The blue/yellow remind me of Paris!

Linny 07-04-2013 09:01 AM

Love the quilts you made for each other roseirish and Yosemitesa..lots of cuddling up under some beautiful quilts.

oldcatlady 07-06-2013 04:39 PM

I love all the quilts posted. They are so beautiful!

Oh my, Please tell me I am not the last one finishing? I really hate missing a deadline. I am plugging away every minute I can spare but my arthritic hands and Carpal Tunnel are slowing me down. Jillaine's quilt is about 90% done with the hand quilting and then just the label/binding/washing.

Am I really the last one? I am so sorry Jillaine. I can tell you that I really love it and hope you do too.

Has anyone thought of doing/or has done a bed runner swap? I've seen them in magazines and it looks like a really neat way to change up your bed say for the holidays or the seasons. Plus my cats always sleep on the end of the bed and it would be easier to wash a runner than a quilt. It also would keep your feet warmer in the winter. I'd be interested in joining a swap.

Tam...Moo 07-06-2013 05:52 PM

No you are not the only straggler. I am waiting on the quilt for my partner to come back from the quilter and my partner is plugging along on mine. We will get there very soon.

leakus 07-06-2013 06:10 PM

I have mine done but haven't heard from my partner to mail it. So waiting here. I hope she and her family are all right. She mentioned her brother had health problems and she was going to visit him.

oldcatlady 07-06-2013 06:25 PM

glad to see I am not in the doghouse alone

leakus, I hope your partner and her family are doing well.

Elisabrat 07-07-2013 07:45 AM

bed runners would be a fun faster swap wouldnt it? My bedspreads are a solid cranberry and a solid white so how easy that would be to match up.. it might be harder if you have a patterned quilt to throw say a Christmas runner on it I think. A bit busy.. hum... let me think on that one..

oldcatlady 07-10-2013 03:30 PM

Jillaine, I hope you had a terrific vacation :) I'm still plugging away. I totally underestimated how long it was going to take me to hand quilt your quilt with the arthritis in my hands. I've been spending some much time doing the Boomerang swaps and just making blocks that it has been awhile since I actually did any quilting and it was a surprise to me. I'm pretty sure I will get it done this weekend and will be able to slip away from work on Monday to mail it off.

leakus 07-11-2013 05:30 PM

I am still waiting to hear from my partner. No swap yet. Anyone else waiting other than oldcatlady and jillaine?

didi 07-12-2013 03:19 AM

Yep! I'm waiting, too.