Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   FUNKY Chicken Block Swap - Mail Date April 1, 2010 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/funky-chicken-block-swap-mail-date-april-1-2010-a-t33089.html)

lavandula girl 01-11-2010 09:00 AM

I like those! GAH! You ladies are going to force me into doing at least 2 sets, aren't you, so I can get all the cute chickens? You're killing me! Oh well, put me in for two sets, please, Sandpat... :lol: :roll:

brookemarie19 01-11-2010 09:10 AM

Oh yeah, sandpat, I forgot to tell you size for mine. 6.5 x 6.5 for these.... hopefully I can find another block I like to do more though. So far I have almost finished 3 so I'm sure I will do more. ;)

And happy belated birthday lavandula girl, I wasn't on yesturday so I missed it... oops.

blueribbontoes 01-11-2010 12:29 PM

Brookemarie, I LOVE IT....

sew cornie 01-11-2010 02:01 PM

Brookemarie, those are great! Very funky fabric :thumbup: and congrats on tackling your first applique. Nice job!

MadeinMaine 01-11-2010 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Brookemarie, those are great! Very funky fabric :thumbup: and congrats on tackling your first applique. Nice job!

I agree 100% - great job!

sandpat 01-11-2010 04:35 PM

Brookmarie, those are funky cute! Are you sure you don't know how to applique??? You are doing a bang up job...its fun isn't it??

brookemarie19 01-11-2010 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Brookmarie, those are funky cute! Are you sure you don't know how to applique??? You are doing a bang up job...its fun isn't it??

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. It is my first time, just have to practice the stitching around then I'm good. Thanks again.... I think I'm gonna like applique after all. :lol:

blueribbontoes 01-11-2010 06:57 PM

Im a very mature manor, I chucked my chickens. I need something more... fun, funky.. fresh. Mine all looked a wee bit.. old? And old chicken stinks. (literally.) I am going to attempt to finish my farm sheep, then hit the quilting store and let my hair down. Im only 27, and Im being all fuddy duddy... lol!! This will be lots more fun when I stop overthinking!

tuesy 01-11-2010 07:29 PM

brookemarie.. I LOVE your chicken!! It's so cute!! You say this is your first time applique'? Surely your kidding us right? They look wonderful!! I hope I get one of yours..

Sandpat.. I'm gonna do another one. I found an even funkier chicken and I'm going to try to squeeze him into a 3x3 block.. so put me down for that please!..Now if by chance I can't sqeeze his fat pattooty in that small of block, I'll enlarge him to 6x6 or even a 12x12.. I'll let you know for sure though after I do another test stitch...the first one... well he looks like he's wearing sunglasses and does't brush his teeth! :lol:

Edited: I couldn't squeeze him into the 3x3.. he's just to tight in that space, so I'll do 6x6. :-D

tuesy 01-11-2010 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by blueribbontoes
Im a very mature manor, I chucked my chickens. I need something more... fun, funky.. fresh. Mine all looked a wee bit.. old? And old chicken stinks. (literally.) I am going to attempt to finish my farm sheep, then hit the quilting store and let my hair down. Im only 27, and Im being all fuddy duddy... lol!! This will be lots more fun when I stop overthinking!

You chucked your chickens? Is that like flinging them across the room? If so, did they have wings? If not.. did you have chicken and dumpling's for dinner? :lol: :lol:

I don't think you're being fuddy duddy...or were your chicken's fuddy duddy? Dress them up a bit ..maybe some pearls, diamonds, pink purse with shoes and hat to match... ya know.. bling.. :lol: