Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/monthly-quilting-bee-block-swap-version-ii-t57580.html)

quilter girl 11-01-2010 03:44 PM

Everyone blocks are out of this world! Where do you find such spectacular patterns? Such talent in this group.

MadeinMaine 11-01-2010 04:08 PM

Corry - your Christmas blocks are beautiful. Nice job dforesee and Katie Ann :thumbup:

MadeinMaine 11-01-2010 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
I received these two beautiful friendship star blocks from Tam...Moo. What wonderful additions for my star quilt! Thanks so much for swapping with me!

Very pretty blocks :thumbup: It would be fun to see all of Quilt Mom's blocks together in one picture (hint, hint!).
Thanks for posting these pictures.
shirley

MadeinMaine 11-01-2010 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
Block from quiltmom(woven star)

All the blocks received yesterday and today are spectacular.

OOOOOOOO, so pretty! Love that color combination. Don't think I've seen that pattern posted here before - it's a great one. :-D
shirley

bibliostone 11-01-2010 05:47 PM

I received two great blocks from Quilting Nonnie today. Thank you, they were worth the wait. I'll post pictures soon.

wilhelmina 11-01-2010 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Quilter4HireAndFun

Originally Posted by wilhelmina
My surprise in the mail today! Lovely blocks from Jan/Quilter4HireandFun, plus two gifts!! :D :D Thank you Jan, I love these blocks, the one that looks like a setting sun, that portion is hand sewn :thumbup: both are perfect!!!

The one with the rising sun was an idea I had, from a head scarf my son (7 yrs. old) was given when we had a Japanese exchange student many years ago.

The second block is a "Frog" I designed to honor my Grandmother (age 104 when she died). She taught me many things about sewing...and how to sew of course...but she taught me how to hand-make "Frog" closures on Mandarin collar clothing. This was thought to be a "fine" sewing skill, according to her. Thus, you received the "Mandarin Frog Block."
Glad you liked it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

wilhelmina 11-01-2010 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
I got my October blocks today from Wilhelmina. Thank you! They're wonderful!! I'll have to do photos tomorrow.

Yay, glad they arrived safely and you like them! :lol: :lol: :lol:

letsquilt 11-02-2010 02:35 AM

Homecaregiver-Patsy, Your block is on its way, sorry it took so long, hope you like it. October partner-Pat

Jupiter 11-02-2010 08:47 AM

Which way.... Do I post photos of the blocks I am sending out? or do I post photos of the blocks I receive? or both? Just want to do it right! lol

Jupiter

MadeinMaine 11-02-2010 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter
Which way.... Do I post photos of the blocks I am sending out? or do I post photos of the blocks I receive? or both? Just want to do it right! lol

Jupiter

I think it is fun for the receipient to have "first" surprise at seeing it and then can post a picture for all to see. However, some folks are not able to take a photo and post pictures so then it's nice for the maker to do so after it has been received.

Would like to hear more opinions on this. . .