Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Sign Up July 2013 47th Doll Quilt Swap - Self Portrait and/or Where I Live (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/sign-up-july-2013-47th-doll-quilt-swap-self-portrait-where-i-live-t223865.html)

Cogito 06-24-2013 07:25 AM

Ok, I've thought long and hard.....I am going to skip the July swap....maybe I'll do the August, we'll see. Truth is, I can't really get excited about wack, folky/artsy, or whatever quilts. Yikes I'm probably gonna get blasted for that but I just really like traditional quilts, even modern reinterpretations but not wild n wacky. Remember, I said I'm boring? Lol. I am PMing Krystyna since I originally said I am in. I will watch with great enjoyment though as I see everyone else's coming in. Have fun! :)

BuzzinBumble 06-24-2013 07:51 AM

Cogito, I bet there is someone else in the swap of like mind who would love to have you for a partner. The themes are always optional. You might be a sigh of relief for another swapper who feels just like you do.

luvstoquilt 06-24-2013 09:35 AM

Glad we have a couple of new ladies...this is a great swap and so much fun. I still have no idea what I will do this month but I have been doing some drawings...I will get there..Hey Bertie, I live in the corn field, too! What is a NY/NJ woman doing in Illinois? Playing with her grandchildren that is what!!!...and loving every minute of it!

amelia0607 06-24-2013 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 (Post 6139905)
So I made a start on my 'self portrait' quilt for this swap - and spent some time quilting it at the weekend. DH saw it and wants me to keep it as he loves it - says it reminds him of me many years ago (I assume he means the rounded bottom and slim waist) so I will take that as a compliment as I don't think my rear end has ever looked that good in or out of a polka dot bathing suit :) :) :)

Anyhoo, I have had to think up another little quilty idea and I won't show him this one - just a pic when it's half way across the Pacific !

love this!!

Lynnie25 06-24-2013 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble (Post 6139934)
Lynnie that is Completely Fabulous! You should design and market a whole line of patterns like this!

I can't take credit for designing this - I saw a tiny picture online somewhere and drew it up from that, changing a few things to suit my liking. Just fused it onto background fabric, machine blanket-stitched around, so so easy to do.

Lynnie25 06-24-2013 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble (Post 6140673)
Cogito, I bet there is someone else in the swap of like mind who would love to have you for a partner. The themes are always optional. You might be a sigh of relief for another swapper who feels just like you do.

Cogito, don't get discouraged because of the theme this month, stay in and wait and see who your partner is. I always make a start on a little quilt but if I get a partner who wants something different I do another one to suit.

I challenge myself each month to try out new patterns or techniques on my little dolls quilts as I don't participate in classes at the local LQS so this is my way to learn (or a lot of time mess up) something new. You might be surprised to know that I am a very traditional quilter too, most of my quilts are very geometrically designed. But I push myself continually to 'take a big step outside the box' - no wonder my head hurts a lot :)

Linny 06-24-2013 12:51 PM

Lynnie, You're self portrait bathing beauty is the best!

klgls 06-24-2013 02:49 PM

Oh my gosh - what have I gotten myself into!! That self portrait is stunning!! Cogito, I'm more of a traditionalist quilter too and a fairly new one - so I hope my swap partner won't be disappointed.

Lynnie25 06-24-2013 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Linny (Post 6141212)
Lynnie, You're self portrait bathing beauty is the best!

In reality, this isn't a TRUE self portrait - I never wear a hat at the beach ROFL !!!! I have picked out another pic to draw up that DH says is much more my true self (and sadly it is) so there will be no 'photo-shopping' on this one - you will see the real me :(

Krystyna 06-24-2013 05:05 PM

Lyn, that is simply amazing! I love, love, love it! What a bathing beauty you are!

Cogito, no quitting! Will pair you with a traditionalist. Like KLGLS?