Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 145 of 391 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 144 145 146 155 195 245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 3909

Thread: Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
    Well, miss kitty has discovered she likes quilts! Here she is snoozing on one of my sampler pieces I did on the longarm. Took her out to the studio & she had fun playing with the scraps that I dropped or anything she could find. I wouldn't mind naming her Quilty, but I don't think DH would go for that one! Any suggestions???

she lools like a little tomboy girl.
    would call her Charleeeeeee
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week! and very cold this very minute!
    ok, this is making me nervous! Ya'll are talking about mailing several boxes. I understood that one "requirement" for this this swap is-4 fat quarters. and to spend no more than 20 bucks. we can shop our stash and make whatever else we like to send. first timer here so am I on the right path here? I don't want to disappoint anyone!
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like you got it just right. Some people have a very large stash with lots of extras already put back. I can honestly say, I may be going a bit over $20. Inflation...and not a very large varied stash. And, I am getting a bit creative on the homemade items. But, unfortunately, it won't be tremendously over. I have a very limited budget at the moment. But, I don't think my Secret Giftee will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrio View Post
    ok, this is making me nervous! Ya'll are talking about mailing several boxes. I understood that one "requirement" for this this swap is-4 fat quarters. and to spend no more than 20 bucks. we can shop our stash and make whatever else we like to send. first timer here so am I on the right path here? I don't want to disappoint anyone!
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Blog Entries
    Last year, I was right at the $20 dollar mark. It was fun. A first time for me also. I also was very nervous. I think if you just keep it quilt related you'll be good. Unless of course, your Secret giftee gave you other suggestions.
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Blog Entries
    I have shopped my stash, bought the fat quarters and a few small gifts. I made a few items as well with things I had on hand.

I think my recipient will be happy with what I am sending, even though I have had to watch my spending.

I showed the unwrapped items to my mil tonight and she is jealous (she does not sew, but is a painter).
    Proud Parent of one Dwight Canada Student, my son graduated this year and is on his way to UVic.

http://dwightcanada.org/

Blog Entries
    Sounds awesome. I'm sure your secret gifted will be so suprised.i don't know about y'all, but, it makes me feel like a kid wondering if thry'll like it or not. And,I so totally know I'm way over thinking it. Lol

Blog Entries
    overthinking is easy to do; specially if you don't know the person.
    I keep going back to it's just supposed to be fun.

I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
    overthinking is easy to do; specially if you don't know the person.
    I keep going back to it's just supposed to be fun.

Dreamer is right. Just have fun. I am sure I will like whatever you all send me.
    Happy Quilting.

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week! and very cold this very minute!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 View Post
    Dreamer is right. Just have fun. I am sure I will like whatever you all send me.
    well, thank you to all who responded! I feel better. I am sewing a few things and am chanting c'mon, don't screw this up" lol. Now I can relax and enjoy the making and sewing and planning
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrio View Post
    well, thank you to all who responded! I feel better. I am sewing a few things and am chanting c'mon, don't screw this up" lol. Now I can relax and enjoy the making and sewing and planning
    Just relax, enjoy what you are making & let your creative side take over! I'm having way too much fun sewing little things to go in the box! I keep thinking of more to put in there!

Page 145 of 391 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 144 145 146 155 195 245 ... LastLast