Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 143 of 157 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 142 143 144 153 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 3909

Thread: Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

I was able to open my SS parcel along with my Christmas gift, we had an early family
    Christmas today as hubby and I are leaving for Mesa on the 15th.
    My SS was Marne of Ohio. She packed my box just full the most awesome
    items. Marne, I love everything. Thanks so much.
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...D222C12B01.png
    My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate!

I just got to open my SS Gift!! Thank You Dreamer!!
    I got a beautiful china tea cup and saucer with some tea, a jacket pattern with some gorgeous fabrics, a lovely packet of other fabrics, some curved safety pins, an Angel pin and some post-it notes.
    What a great gift.
    Sorry, no picture yet. Maybe I can get one tomorrow to post

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

Blog Entries
    Hi everybody, Merry early Christmas, or Happy Holidays or Happy Opening Day to everyone.

My secret santa is Quilty Mom, (Sue) Thank you soooo much. I loved and will use everything. This year, I got to enjoy opening day with my mom. And she could not have been anymore excited then if the box were sent to her. I tried to get her to join in this year with me. But, I will share everything with her.

We opened the box together. Sue sent 8 generous fat quarters. (6 in my favorite polka dots, 1 coordinating stripe, and a beautiful gold tonal angel fat quarter). She put togeter this cute little gift bag with fabric strips rolled into what looks like tootsie rolls. They are sew durn cute!! 4 of the cutest handmade christmas coasters. (Which will be used with great pleasure.) Momma, loved how they were made. And, a polar fleece stocking filled with an adorable gingerbread ornament and some DMC embroidery thread. (I love to embroider.) And, thats not all, A pack of Carol Doak playing cards. And, an embroidered hand towel and matching toilet paper. Omgoodness, that just tickeled my funny bone. My brother came in and was teasing me, told me he would loan me the money to buy toilet paper, I didn't need to initial mine. LOL, I love it. And last but, not least, an adorable handmade christmas card with a lovely note inside. Thank you so much Sue. (p.s.I'm going to try to upload photos. But, if it doesn't go, I will do it tomorrow when the site is not as busy.) Thank you again Sue for sending me Christmas cheer and laughter along with your box.

Ooops, I forgot the dark chocolate York peppermint patties. (A personal favorite.) Aack, I can't forget the chocolate. Shame on me. Thank you Sue, for the chocolate. Your a life savor.
    Last edited by Judith1005; 12-09-2012 at 08:32 PM.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    Wow I am caught up. It looks like everyone was very generous this year.

I posted a photo of my gifts on Facebook and have had several asking how they can participate. Including a 23 year old college student.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tothill View Post
    Wow I am caught up. It looks like everyone was very generous this year.

I posted a photo of my gifts on Facebook and have had several asking how they can participate. Including a 23 year old college student.
    Tell them they have to be members of the board.
    Next year, I will be changing the rules once again.
    I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to include that you will have to have been an ACTIVE member for at least 6 months. I was giving new people the benefit of the doubt and it seems that I had 8 people "flake" on me and they were ALL new people. I'm not saying that new people will always flake, I've had oldies flake on me too. It's just sad when I have to do this.......sigh...........

Blog Entries

Quilty prezzies from my secret santa QuityMom!!

Thank you again Sue. Everything is perfect!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
    Hi everybody, Merry early Christmas, or Happy Holidays or Happy Opening Day to everyone.

My secret santa is Quilty Mom, (Sue) Thank you soooo much. I loved and will use everything. This year, I got to enjoy opening day with my mom. And she could not have been anymore excited then if the box were sent to her. I tried to get her to join in this year with me. But, I will share everything with her.

We opened the box together. Sue sent 8 generous fat quarters. (6 in my favorite polka dots, 1 coordinating stripe, and a beautiful gold tonal angel fat quarter). She put togeter this cute little gift bag with fabric strips rolled into what looks like tootsie rolls. They are sew durn cute!! 4 of the cutest handmade christmas coasters. (Which will be used with great pleasure.) Momma, loved how they were made. And, a polar fleece stocking filled with an adorable gingerbread ornament and some DMC embroidery thread. (I love to embroider.) And, thats not all, A pack of Carol Doak playing cards. And, an embroidered hand towel and matching toilet paper. Omgoodness, that just tickeled my funny bone. My brother came in and was teasing me, told me he would loan me the money to buy toilet paper, I didn't need to initial mine. LOL, I love it. And last but, not least, an adorable handmade christmas card with a lovely note inside. Thank you so much Sue. (p.s.I'm going to try to upload photos. But, if it doesn't go, I will do it tomorrow when the site is not as busy.) Thank you again Sue for sending me Christmas cheer and laughter along with your box.

Ooops, I forgot the dark chocolate York peppermint patties. (A personal favorite.) Aack, I can't forget the chocolate. Shame on me. Thank you Sue, for the chocolate. Your a life savor.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

I don't see my ss swaper on here I hope she got her box
    Sherrie

Blog Entries
    i'm sure my swapper is sound asleep. what time is it in england, 6:00a.m.? she could be getting up i suppose! i wonder if she will see the one name tag i put my name on? sorry, never even occurred to me to enclose a card, doh!!!
    happy holidays to all! this has been great fun! and thanks again to starshine for my wonderful presents!
    p.s. starshine -- more than 40 yrs ago i met a young man in canada who called me starshine. it has always been special to me!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

grannytx...your McKinney box was from me...sorry that I forgot the card...glad you liked everything...have an awesome Christmas!
    Brenda

I know I'm running late. We got called away at the last minute and I'm just now getting back to the house. Thanks you so much _______ of San Rafael, CA for all the goodies. I love them all and Sadie has bee enjoying the snacks. I'm guessing DH has put them up since they were here when I got back with the camera.Name:  secret santa.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  70.0 KB
    Sharyl

Im sorry I got home too late and Im really sick with a cold, but did get my box opened and had some great things in it from Robinlee, she sent me 4 lovely black/white fat quarters , 2 very pretty ornaments she made, a bag of strawberry candies,a post card from north Dakota,a beautiful card and the most important thing she made a jar of strawberry/bannana jam and it is so good.We made some biscuts and had some of that right away. My DH and I really enjoyed it.
    Thank you so much Robinlee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!!!! Teri thank you fo hosting this swap!!!!!
    PMarch

Blog Entries
    I got sidetracked with people coming by and then feeding them some dinner and finishing the tree. I got my box opened though!! I am so BLESSED. Seriously. I love everything...it is wonderful. I kept pulling out all kinds of wrapped goodies. I'm gonna post the pics, so everyone can see. I can't quite read the name on the card, it looks like 'mosher92' but I can't find a name on the list of that. She is from Maine though!!

Anyway, here is the wonderful bounty I received and I want to send my Secret Santa tons of virtual hugs!!

Starbucks Christmas blend, a massive amount of chocolate. lol. Beautiful fabrics, a wrist pin cushion. Two jams, one strawberry and one triple berry. Some coffee candies (which somehow did not make it in the picture. lol the dH got it) The beautiful little snowman, which I put on the tree. And a wonderful candle, plus so much more!!

Name:  xmas 004.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  154.1 KB
    Name:  xmas 006.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  102.4 KB
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

I,m so glad you liked your package.
    Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
    Donna

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 View Post
    Thanks so much SS from Castle Rock, Washington. I got a bag, an apron panel fabric, beautiful fat quarters, the cutest cow salt and pepper shakers and Apple Butter!!!
    I have to take a quick picture. Hubby wants toast. LOL!
    You are so welcome. I hope you like the goodies!! Sorry I didn't get that card in there!!
    Everything important in my life, like naps, I learned from my dog.
    http://foldedspindledquilted.blogspot.com/

Thank you hsweany for a BOX FULL OF HAPPIES! Beautiful fat quarters, chocolate santas, embrodiery patterns and scissors, spot remover, tea, snowman mug, special hankerchief, and... packed with a treasury of scrap pieces of fabric...Happy, Happy, Happy

Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed putting it together for you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by roseirish48 View Post
    received my box from ss Karen/Neena full of nice little surprises. I received a piece of Xmas themed fabric,four FQ's in red/black prints .brown reindeer socks, a Simon the Puppy quilt pattern,Santa face note pad with pen, a six pack of Micron pens,a Xmas village house tht says "irish Rose Quilt Shoppe" on the front, a scrabble rack with the letters spelling out quilter glued to them,and a tiny little figurine of a woman dressed as Santa. And last but not lest a book called American Family Treasury that looks very interesting. Many thanks Nena for a very interesting gift.

My package came from Kansas- Karen

Karen, can't say thank you enough, it is all very nice, i like my tea caddy the best, and the candy, and the books, and the little sweater and everything else......AWESOME PACKAGE!!!!!!!!!!MRSAJ11

I am sooo glad you liked your package. This is my first year doing this and I already can't wait until next year. I had so much fun picking up stuff, last minute because I am the poster child for procrastinator. Have a Merry Christmas everyone.

My package is yet to be open as I was to tired last night to go out in the car and get it and it is snowing her so I won't go out til later. I didn't get my package until late as I was one of the santaee's that was flaked out on. Thanks to our wonderful host I was not totally forgotten. I will properly than my SS when I go get my package.

I have enjoyed reading all the threads today. I had to work so now I am home and have opened my parcel from my SS "lauriejo"and am gob smacked how lucky I have been. I must have been really really good I love them all. How did you know. Thank you Thank you Thank you! I will post a picture in the morning when there is better light. It is a miserable wet evening here in my part of Australia .

This is what I found in my parcel.

Beautiful batik fabric (love it)
    4 gorgeous Xmas themed fat quarters with Cardinals (I love cardinals)
    That Purple thang (wahoo wanted one of these for ages)
    6 1/2 "ez quilting ruler (I haven't seen these before I like how the ruler has two colours to see on it)
    Gorgeous red ric rac with gold sparkles (so pretty)
    A beautiful vintage themed address book and two year planner by paper craft
    The coolest pair of xmas socks I have ever seen. Adoreable my daughters trying to talk me into giving them to her!
    A lovely sewing and knitting tote bag pattern
    Rotary cutter blades (I never have enough of these)
    The cutest little key chain with a 2"thimble template
    The prettiest ltittle bag to carry my quilting gear to classes it has vintage bluebirds and birdcages butterflies and roses on it.
    A wrist band with bells on it I'll be wearing that all Xmas day
    A stick of elmers school glue. I had wanted to try this on a quilt after reading a thread here on QB.
    The biggest tube of M&M's I have seen. Yummy there goes the diet
    And last but not least the most amazing recipe book by a family called Family Favourites The Hazel/DevineGenerations it is so cool. It tells you about the family and shares their fav recipes. What a great idea.

I am so thankful Laurie you are the best SS kisses and hugs.
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

Well, it's just after 9am in Scotland so I'm not long up (recovering from a nasty virus ). Opening time was 1am and I couldn't last - sorry!
    Thought I would read all the other posts to get in the party mood. Wow! the packages are fantastic! I'm off to have another cup of tea - still a bit groggy - and get the camera ready.
    Back soon with pic.
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

I had a great time opening my box from my SS too. I don't know who it is other than Oz and Lily from Nixa, MO 65714.

She sent me wonderful things and I had the hot chocolate already. She sent a beautiful table runner and an antique purse and antique buttons which I collect, and a candle that smells heavenly, and a really wonderful Christmas tree ornament in a super matching box. So many lovelies, I want to tell her thank you so much you brightened my day! This was my first SS swap and it was delightful and I really want to do it again next year! Can't wait.

Name:  ssswap 005.JPG
Views: 243
Size:  269.9 KB
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
    Teacup I'm glad you like it!!!

Annthreecats made me a ton of amazing things!!! I will take pics and post. You really did too much!!!
    Glad you liked all your stuff. Enjoy the batiks.

Blog Entries
    I opened my SS package this morning. I couldn't wait until after work today and I was out all day yesterday. I don't know who my SS pal was, I only know my package came from Parsippany, NJ, but the card wasn't signed with a name or a screen name. So thank you SSpal. I'll catch up with you through Terri.

I got a cute mug with doggies on it putting a bow on a basset hound, lovely fat quarters in cream and black and cream; Hearts Affira Pattern and Paper Foundation by Delsie Douglas, several sizes of square templates, Circle of Quilters by Jennifer Chiaverini, Granny Nannys Quilting Gadgest 12 paper Impressions - 3 1/2", Fat Quarter Quiltys by M'Liss Rae Hawley, Quiltede Animals - Continuous Line Patterns by Marta Amundson.

Thank you so much. Here is a picture.Name:  001.JPG
Views: 249
Size:  100.0 KB

I opened my box this morning. Thank you so much Melinda(nexxus831). My box was stuffed full of packages. I received beautiful batiks one prettier than the next and gorgeous coordinated fabrics including(if I am correct) lovely florals by Kaffe Fasset. There were pens(how did you know we can never find a pen that works around here)
    and a really cool Frixion pen. There was an adorable jelly jar pin cushion and pins to go with it. I just finished weeding out all my bent pins and tossing them. I also got a jelly roll, a notepad, a book about Washington State and ironically, a copy of Fat Quarter Quilts-the very same book I sent my SS(great minds think alike). I also received an adorable hand made wreath one of those thingies you hang around your neck that holds a tool so it's handy and doesn't get lost. The hounds each received a toy. They are now all in Gracie Allen's crate-she's a toy hog and last but certainly not least I received an adorable basset hound necklace that looks an awful lot like Huggie Bear, my avatar. I hope I haven't missed anything-wait-musn't forget the package of hankies which are going to work with me and my cold this morning and Swiss Miss cocoa. Whew-I think that's it. Thank you so much for making this year's SS exchange so much fun.
    A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such.

Blog Entries
    This is what I received from Reeskylr. Thanks again!!!
    Happy Quilting.

Page 143 of 157 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 142 143 144 153 ... LastLast