Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 43 of 157 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 53 93 143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 3909

Thread: Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

So disappointed! I just found the Swaps board tonight. Maybe next year...
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
    Earlier this summer my rottie herniated his disc as well and was paralyzed in the rear for 2 weeks. I found the most AMAZING sling ever, saved me from herniating MY back. He still has some residual neuro damage in the rear but at least he moves on his own and can hold his bathroom habits. I had to get him a cortisone shot from the vet, helps it go down real fast, then I had him on rimadyl for 2 weeks. After he started dragging me out the door I decided no more rimadyl for him. Luckily I had a whole bottle I had just bought for his mom for her cancer pain. (put her down in April) so they didn't get to hit me with that bill as well. Hope he gets better soon, if you need to know the sling I got, let me know. I got it on ebay, reasonable price, fits a pretty big dog, and got it over night. like ordered it at 9pm and got it by 10am the next day. AMAZING. The vet had never seen a sling like it.
    I wish we'd taken our little BennyBoy to a different Vet... the one we took him to said he had arthritis in the spine and that it would only get worse ... there was no treatment....
    About 6 years after the diagnosis, we had to put him down because he couldn't stand to eat or relieve himself... We were never given anything for his pain or condition... I still miss my little BennyBoy...
    No he wasn't a big dog.. mix of longhaired dachshund, German Shepard, and Sheltie... but we got him from a neighbor when our girls were 7 & 8... they were 23 & 24 when we had to put him down so he had a very long life as it were...

My boy is 9 this year, and I tried the towel for the first 2 days, he cried every time, it made him pee on my foot every time, and it hurt my back and i couldn't steer him. This sling I got is amazing, it goes around their thighs at the hips rather than the stomach and attaches to a collar, there is a handle back by their hips, and then an additional leash you can put on their collar. I was able to take care of him myself but before that had to have my mom come over and help with her "Grandchild" for a few days.

I started the last little project for my SS tonight. It's gonna be purrrttyyy.
    I'm so tired of being tired.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Blog Entries
    i got some stuff for my s pal ,just waiting for my next check to buy more small items and fabric will mail out early Nov, too hope she,ll like her enjoy her gifts
    we can make our plans but the out come is in god,s hands nellie diaz

just wrapped up something for my partner....had to add some jingle bells to the bow! Have to keep the mailman JOLLY!
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Blog Entries
    I found my leftover jingle bells and put them with my giftee's things to add to the fun when I wrap. I still have shopping (fabric, notions, pet treats, etc.) to do but I shouldn't have any problem getting the mail out on or before Nov. 14th.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom View Post
    just wrapped up something for my partner....had to add some jingle bells to the bow! Have to keep the mailman JOLLY!

LOL~~~I added 6-golf ball size bells loosely in my package.
    jingle all the way...la la la ...la la la...la la la the way.
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

ooohhh....just realized mail by date is my 50th birthday
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
    LOL~~~I added 6-golf ball size bells loosely in my package.
    jingle all the way...la la la ...la la la...la la la the way.

This is a Great Clue!! Now if I get my package & it jingles all the way, I will know it's from DREAMER!! I can hardly wait for my package to arrive!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post

This is a Great Clue!! Now if I get my package & it jingles all the way, I will know it's from DREAMER!! I can hardly wait for my package to arrive!!
    la la la ...la la la...la la la the way.

Blog Entries
    Well, ladies, I got my bells today. So my package will jingle too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
    Well, ladies, I got my bells today. So my package will jingle too.
    YIPEE !!!! more bells...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
    la la la ...la la la...la la la the way.

sorry Sula...have bells in mine too!! LOL..I think everyone needs to put bells in their box!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
    sorry Sula...have bells in mine too!! LOL..I think everyone needs to put bells in their box!
    Yes, a whole bunch of us did that last year! I was mad though, that I couldn't find big ones, have been looking everywhere.

I'm going have to put bell in mine too. Going have to get biger Box. I'm having so much fun. Not good at posting but love reading it. If you need more info.from me I could use a new seam ripper or 120" tap measure, any easy fast quilting patterns that you are tired of. I love surprises just have fun like I am.

Blog Entries
    Yes, a whole bunch of us did that last year! I was mad though, that I couldn't find big ones, have been looking everywhere.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-inch-gold-...item1c2bf7475f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Rust-Finis...item46086c1d4b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-60mm-Primi...item53ede29f41

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-5-lar...item257650d437

I have been shopping for my Secret Santa and just keep adding to the box....but this weekend I emptied the box onto the bed to organize better and now I want to just keep it all! I should have just gotten 2 of everything so I wouldn't feel this withdrawal pain from having to send it off!!! I like the idea of adding bells.....got to go shopping again!

Blog Entries
    #1, I don't do E-Bay. And #2, I had some of those somewhere. I made ornaments for the family with those big bells, to hang on a doorknob....wonder if I have any somewhere....HMMMMMM!!!!!

I went out today to pick up some odds and ends, and when I got to the register, my total was $42. I may have to pare it down a bit.

My swap partner didn't give me much information so I am buying the things I like. My box is full and almost ready to mail. I am having losts of fun since all my son and girlfriend want is money or gift cards.
    Marilyn

Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post

Boy are you still going to be guessing! So many of us are putting jingle bells in our boxes that no one is going to guess!! Found some really cool stuff while we were setting up the quilt show today. Gonna get some of it for my Santaee too!

I found some of the extra large bells at Hobby lobby.( always print a 40% off coupon)

#1, I don't do E-Bay. And #2, I had some of those somewhere. I made ornaments for the family with those big bells, to hang on a doorknob....wonder if I have any somewhere....HMMMMMM!!!!!

I went out today to pick up some odds and ends, and when I got to the register, my total was $42. I may have to pare it down a bit.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

I'm going to Chocolate World in Hershey PA tomorrow. Wonder if I can find anything for my person? Nobody likes chocolate-do they?
    I Quilt Therefore I Am

Pat

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pattypurple View Post
    I'm going to Chocolate World in Hershey PA tomorrow. Wonder if I can find anything for my person? Nobody likes chocolate-do they?

Chocolate??? Did someone say chocolate????
    Happy Quilting.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I made a couple of things today, just keep adding this and that's and those and some of them. I need to start wrapping all these little things pretty quick and not to much wrapping paper or I won't have room. Already had to get the large flat rate. Now I have to choose between a couple of things 'cause I'm way over budget. Maybe I'll get her name in the SP for Nov or Dec, then I could just send it all. Now that would be awesome!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pattypurple View Post
    You better not have my name. I get a nasty migraine from chocolate or coffee. No chocolate allowed in this house.

Page 43 of 157 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 53 93 143 ... LastLast