Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 145 of 157 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 144 145 146 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 3909

Thread: Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryHouseQuilter View Post
    Alright, finally got the pictures taken. Here's what JuneBillie sent me. Oh, and my DH loved all the ziplock bags. He said that was his gift. He uses them when he's working on old cars to put all the small parts in...who would have thought that JuneBillie would have found the perfect gift for him...LOL. Men!! Anyway, here are some pics:
    Attachment 381347Attachment 381349

Attachment 381350Attachment 381351
    Attachment 381352 Found the perfect place for the "scrap" mat. It's in the middle of my memory tree, on top of the old wooden crate the tree sits on. Looks awesome there, like they were meant to be!!!!

don't forget to wrap up a box of baggies for DH stocking !!
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
    YES!!! I will take a pic tonight while I am decorating the tree with the lil man!!! In the mean time...here is lil man playing!!! (PLEASE ignore the mess...)

Attachment 381360

Attachment 381361

Attachment 381362
    Cool pictures of your son playing with his new toy.

Thirty lashes with a wet noodle on me....I completely forgot that yesterday was reveal day!!! I only happened upon the thread this morning and then realized my mistake. This is what happens when one has been ill....a day late and a dollar short.
    My Secret Santa (roda) sent me the loveliest box of goodies. The prettiest little inclusion was a crochet angel which I will hang upon our Christmas tree, the tiniest and darling little pin cushion, many other goodies include the sticky notes, mug, quilt diva pattern, and of course, the fat quarter set. I especially love the pin magnet....I already have one but that's for pins, this one will be specifically for my safety pins when I am tacking down a quilt. Love it!!! Thank you so much, roda!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    pics were posted last night on pg 171...
    Thank You to "ALL" my SS's
    I will never forget this.

Thank You...catjo
    book~The Wedding Christmas ( have been wanting to read this !! )
    cross stitch santa ornament
    Adorable little pink box.
    pattern leaflets
    raspberry hot cocoa ( can't wait to try this !! )
    floral purse note pad
    Christmas scrubbie
    neutral FQ's ( always a need for these )
    Christmas towel & pot holder
    santa ornament
    fabric wall panel to make.

Thank You Redgarnet222
    ultimate quilter's tote bag pattern ( very cool looking !! ( note to self ~ get fabrics and
    send to Sandy to make for me...LOL
    little mousie ornament
    thimble ( never had one )
    battery operated scissors ( kid safe) ( Hummmmmmm do I dare )
    friends forever ornament ( love this ! )
    reindeer notbook
    4-lovely Christmas FQ's
    coffee cup expresso ornament kit (snowman) ( clever idea this )
    OMGOSH !! 4~ absolutely ( I'm wild about ) dragonfly spiral rings !!!!!!!!!

T*H*A*N*K***Y*O*U Sharonb
    "caramel corn " ( GONE !!!!!! )
    jingle bells
    mug with cappuccino mix
    notepad ( who can live with out these !! )
    Gorgeous red cardinal kitchen towel, pot holders & oven mitt !!!!!!
    this package gets the "AWARD" for most tape used to seal a box !!!!!!!

Thank You Leota
    hanging snowman star ( he's a cutie ! )
    homemade thread catcher ( didn't have one of these )
    homemade cookies ( GONE !!!!)
    FQ's
    kitty soxs ( too cute !!)
    book~grace/givers ( can't wait to read this)
    thread
    mints
    machine & sewing needles ( just broke 2 needles in machine~ need these )
    Christmas tree magnet
    sweater comb~~~who knew and it works great !!
    best bones magnets.

THANK YOU~~~unknown SS
    mini flashlight
    clip on tape measure ( lovin' it !!!)
    Christmas snowman pin
    petite posey pot pincushion
    quilt pattern postcard w/ 6 FQ's ( Gorgeous !!)
    shopping bag

Thank you cajunquilter2
    smocking technique ( always wanted to learn this )
    naughty or nice fabric
    bucket w/ FQ's & make your own sachet bags kit
    cutest little sewing kit.

Thank You grannof6 ( Gus & Heidi too !!)
    book~Around the Quilt Frame
    luscious FQ's
    Ghirardelli (caramel) Favorite !!
    2~adorable handmade cross stitch ornaments
    notepads !! always needed
    mousie ornament
    you get the "AWARD" for how to stuff a box !!

Thank You Tink's Mom
    telescoping magnet
    erasable quilting pencil
    jingle bells
    homemade little zipper bag & rotary blades
    Fannie Mae milk chocolate bar~~~yummers !!!!!
    FQ & mini jelly roll (love the colors) already have an idea for this
    Baby Reindeer Droppings ( are they edible ????)

Thank you CountryHouseQuilter
    3~lovely FQ's

Thank You QuiltAddict
    dragonfly FQ ( I'm collecting these)
    cutest ever snow folk kit...makes 6- ornaments...so cute !!!!!

Thank You Jim'sGem
    3~scrumptious FQ's
    pair of snuggly soxs (wore them to bed !!)

Thank You LJDugas31
    quilt block kit
    4-patterns ( so handy with new baby girl to sew for )
    FQ's
    Kitchen towel
    iron on labels
    ink pens ( always looking for mine)
    magnetic notebook ( beautiful !!)

I am so greatful each of you took time out of your lives to think of me...Thank you
    I am Quilter Hear Me Roar...

Quote Originally Posted by maine ladybug View Post
    I want to thank my SS Quercus Rubea ( I hope that's what it says ).
    I love everything especially the angel fabric. My house is full of angels! Thank you so much for being a great SS.
    Whewwww Maine Ladybug!!!! I'm so glad you like your package of goodies. I was a little worried as this was my first SS here on QB and I've only been in one SP here too. I tryed to come up with a little bit of everything. LOL.

Happy Holidays!
    Toodles,
    Tricia
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child .

cjr
    2 Doods--- Thank you for SS gifts. Everything was wrapped in white tissue with red ribbons. Lots of wonderful little packages and one big one. I love everything. It is like you looked into my heart and color palate, colors so perfect. I can not choose favorite gift. All packages wrapped to match odd shape gift that was candy canes.
    Here's my loot
    Handmade shopping bag with cherries on (love cherries)
    A beautiful paper pieced quilt block of a light house, (that will go in my"See The USA quilt")
    A box of organic dog treats (Mimi, my toy poodle will love)
    New Book "Colorful Casual & Comfy Quilts) Yea, will be fun to choose one
    Sticky notes, which I always use,
    Dog print fabric, which I will make a toy for Mimi for Christmas
    pen print fabric
    11 fat quarters including one with dogs and one with music notes(4 DGK &DH are into music soI'm always making musical things

I hope I didn't forget anything. Wow!! Wow!! and A HUGE THANK YOU

QUILTINGLY, CJR AKA cAROLINE
    www.etsy.com/shop/quiltinglycaroline

Posting pictures of everything that came in my boxes to me. Haven't heard from one of my SS and sent her a PM to check - plus thank her for the box she sent me (we got each other!!) Here is everything

Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

cjr
    I was out of town over weekend and spent evening catching up with DH so I was not able to post yesterday.
    www.etsy.com/shop/quiltinglycaroline

This is the nice gift box I received. I still don't know who to thank other than she is from IL. 1 yd of purple fabric (my favorite color),14 FQs, journal, 3 spools of thread and a lighted, magnifying seam ripper. Also some lavender sachets.
    I Quilt Therefore I Am

Pat

Blog Entries
    Pat625
    As you can see Whizzy is not happy wearing a bow! LOL Thanks again for everything.

Carolyn
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/islandwiz1/Boom%206%20Autumn%20Group/

Dear Machel.....

Thank You for the wonderful Secret Santa!! It was like opening a "Mary Poppin's Style box" It was seemingly never-ending just like her carpet bag. LOL. It was fun playing the guessing game while looking at the pretty candy cane stripped box as it sat on the dining table just waiting for Opening Day. Now for the list......

The Notions:
    My 1st Eleanor Burn's Pattern - it's the Oriental Fan pattern for tablerunners & quilts, a Dritz 6x9 cutting mat, a small bottle of Aleena's Tacky Glue, a Clover white makrking pen, a Dritz 120" Quilter's Tape Measure, a Singer Angled-edge lint brush, a Dritz seam ripper, a set of 2 Singer machine & hand needle threaders, 2 Dritz Pearlized 30 count straight pins - one shaped like hearts and the other like leaves, a 6 count of John james Tapestry meedles, a 7 ct. of Gutermann Sew-All threads, a LED Poppy Flower flashlight and a fancy pair of Stork scissors with a white & black print on them.

But wait - theres more!!! LOL. Sorry just couldn't resist.

The Fabrics:
    Oh my but wonderful assortment of YUMMY scraps in a quart baggie and then some more in larger pieces of strips and squares. Be still my heart!! Then theres are a group of 3 solids of dark red like a cranberry, navy and dark lilac which will just perfect to make a Amish Mini Quilt to go with my set of Amish soft dolls that are from a panel from Lancaster, PA. Next comes a "Grandma's Scrap Bag" that has me almost drooling with it's 5 shades of brown & tans with a wonderful Toile (sp?) print aling with some Civil War prints, a nice medium blender and a great solid tan to bring 'em all together. I even have the perfect mini quilt pattern singing it's siren song in my ear. But still going .. I found this great bundle of FQ's that has 2 co-oridinating leaf prints on both black & creams background with gold on them.

And to finish up this great box.... Machel sent me this neat homemade card the has a black fabric Amish Buggy stitched on it. It reminds me of the all the Amish buggies from the Lancastor area in PA.

Thank you again Machel! You did a wonderful job with my box that I hope you had just as much fun picking everthing out as I will playing with everything!! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Y'all!!

Tricia

PS My camera is so not working so I will have to figure out how to come with a picture some how to share with everyone.
    Last edited by Quercus Rubra; 12-10-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    http://tricia-ramblingsofaquilter.blogspot.com/
    Currently working on a "Flat Curtis" Quilt with boy child .

You are so very welcome...

11 years military girl over here was tickled that you wanted red/white/blue

Happy Holidays and hope that hubby gets home to you soon.

Tracibug

Quote Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
    Tracibug oh my wonderful Tracibug –
    I love it all – even the coal – yes she sent me coal but it was the chocolate kind!!
    In that box was hot cocoa and chocolate, hand lotion and Joyful Towels, Tissues in a handmade tissue holder (as my eyes are watering for being so loved I need these). Then there are SIX fat quarters – lovely – and I don’t have any of those but they all play well with my stash. Fiskar Snippers. An awesome Nail Clipper Key Chain from San Francisco – one day I will get there!! And then to top it all off a beautiful Pashmina.
    Oh thank you – this was worth the long wait!!

Blog Entries
    Okay, so I was sitting here eating my lunch and DH comes walking in the door with a package in his hands. I was thinking it was this months secret pal already so I got up to look at it and much to my surprise it was a secret santa package. My first thought was wow it did take a while to get here. So, I opened it and much to my surprise it was an angel package from Crafty Grammie. Thank you so very much. I was so pleased and touched that someone would offer to do another package for no reason just so everyone in the swap got something. I also have to say for having such a short time period she really nailed it on the head as far as my likes and such. Thanks again Grammie, you are truely an angel. So here are the pics of what was in the package. Be warnec there are alot of them.

Name:  joannes bag.JPG
Views: 236
Size:  117.4 KB Name:  bowl and cow.JPG
Views: 238
Size:  127.2 KB Name:  fqs.JPG
Views: 225
Size:  123.7 KB Name:  mags.JPG
Views: 226
Size:  142.2 KB Name:  threads sep.JPG
Views: 227
Size:  122.2 KB Name:  notes sep.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  146.9 KB Name:  patterns sep.JPG
Views: 226
Size:  117.8 KB

Finally got the kids down for a nap so I could post my pictures of all the lovely things that Scrapquilt sent to me. I would of included pictures of the yummy white chocolate pretzels but we ate them already, I have a huge chocolate tooth, and I pretty much let the kids devour the gummy worms also. I understand that in their sugar high I was nominated as Mom of the year for letting them have candy and chocolate with their breakfast. She sent so many wonderful things but the angel panel is my favorite and I can't wait to quilt it next year. Not pictured is another pattern for a scrappy heart quilt, and a cute little notebook that I have already wrote my grocery list in.

Name:  photo-30.JPG
Views: 240
Size:  181.5 KB

Name:  photo-31.JPG
Views: 231
Size:  146.0 KB

Sorry I don't lnpw how to turn the pictures around so they show up the right way on the post :/

Blog Entries
    Terri, tried to send you a PM about receiving my angel package. Your box is full and was not able to send it. Let me know if you see this but I will try to send another PM later today or tomorrow.

Love the 2.5"sq ruler...I use mine all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sikesjj View Post
    Finally got the kids down for a nap so I could post my pictures of all the lovely things that Scrapquilt sent to me. I would of included pictures of the yummy white chocolate pretzels but we ate them already, I have a huge chocolate tooth, and I pretty much let the kids devour the gummy worms also. I understand that in their sugar high I was nominated as Mom of the year for letting them have candy and chocolate with their breakfast. She sent so many wonderful things but the angel panel is my favorite and I can't wait to quilt it next year. Not pictured is another pattern for a scrappy heart quilt, and a cute little notebook that I have already wrote my grocery list in.

Name:  photo-30.JPG
Views: 240
Size:  181.5 KB

Name:  photo-31.JPG
Views: 231
Size:  146.0 KB

Sorry I don't lnpw how to turn the pictures around so they show up the right way on the post :/
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

I had sooooo much fun last night....A BIG THANK YOU TERRI for hosting this. I will be back next year for sure.
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Thanks mdall for ALL of the hard work and lovely handmade goodies you sent to me. I Love it all so very much. The list goes on and on to what she sent, so I won't list it all. It was so fun to open.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Hi Patty! I was your SS...sorry I missed yesterday's reveal, but I was giving my daughter a bath and completely forgot! I'm glad you enjoyed everything, this was my first year and I wasn't sure what to send!!

Blog Entries
    CountryHouseQuilter- I am so glad you like your package of goodies. I had fun putting it together for a wonderful person. I am glad your hubby got a present too..lol. I use them for everything too. Sorry about your thread, because since then I think you really needed the large spools, but I am a newbie so I am learning. I am a passionate newbie though, so I am hooked, and ready to learn. I find it all so relaxing, and rewarding. Yes I am a bit sneaky, but when i seen your beautiful tree, I wanted to ask about it so bad, and almost didn't knowing I was your secret santa...lol. Now I am still making ornaments for mine. I hope you and your sweet family have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Merry Christmas to Everyone
    Happy New Year

"Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by pattypurple View Post
    This is the nice gift box I received. I still don't know who to thank other than she is from IL. 1 yd of purple fabric (my favorite color),14 FQs, journal, 3 spools of thread and a lighted, magnifying seam ripper. Also some lavender sachets.
    Hi Patty! I was your SS! I completely spaced on yesterday's reveal and was up to my elbows in bubbles (literally) giving my 3 year old a bath at reveal time. I'm glad you liked everything...this was my first year and wasn't sure what to send!

Quote Originally Posted by Justamom410 View Post
    Hi Patty! I was your SS! I completely spaced on yesterday's reveal and was up to my elbows in bubbles (literally) giving my 3 year old a bath at reveal time. I'm glad you liked everything...this was my first year and wasn't sure what to send!
    Thanks so much. Everything is great. I'm already thinking of what quilt I can do with all the FQs. Hope Santa was good to you also. Merry Christmas.
    I Quilt Therefore I Am

Pat

Blog Entries

You are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
    Thank you annt59! I love all the goodies and I need the new blade now!! Photo up soon. Merry Christmas, Dotty
    So glad you liked everything.
    Boom 12 - Short & Sweet

Hi everyone,
    I still have to wait to open my box, but it's been fun to read about your boxes! I get to open mine when I arrive at my parents' house in FL on the 19th. Can't wait! Sorry Secret Santa partner for not being able to share the day with you! And oh no, my recipient was apparently having internet problems and couldn't join the reveal with you. Hope she liked everything anyway!!

I opened my SS gift late last nite..Lots of notepads, Emery board, Pennsylvania coffee cup, cheese grater and fabric pcs.. Thanks to whoever hails from PA, she wrote a card but didn't put her name on it...

Page 145 of 157 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 144 145 146 155 ... LastLast