Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Do you have this organizer? >

Do you have this organizer?

Do you have this organizer?

Old 05-21-2014, 08:42 AM

I've had mine for about 5 years and love it. Yes, the drawer that I have thread in sometimes comes out of the track, but I can live with that. It's not like the tread falls out of the drawer - I am just careful when I open the drawers. If I had room, I would get another one. Love to be able to "hide" my stuff in drawers! Love all the colors of the drawers and can usually remember what is in the drawers.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:49 AM

I have several and love them. Under $25 at Sams Club. http://www.samsclub.com/sams/seville...prod7060004.ip
Old 05-21-2014, 09:19 AM

I have one that stays near my cutting table. I use it to organize the cut scraps that get moved to the larger bins and it sure does save me time.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:28 AM

I bought an IKEA Alex drawer unit on casters. It holds all of my supplies. The drawers are not deep but are different depths. I keep it under my cutting table. Its perfect and not very expensive for what I got. It would also be great for a child's bedroom.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:38 AM

I had one but gave it away. Hated that the drawers were hard to keep in side slots. Never could put anything of any substance in them. Waste of money IMHO.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:55 AM

I found this exact one at Big Lots. Works great for keeping all my quilting project sepatated. Lone th bright colors too! Don't remember the price but pretty sure it was less than $30.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:18 PM

My daughter has 2 of them that are double wide(20 drawers each). She uses it in her classroom - each student has a drawer and the extra drawers are for various paper things. The drawers are kind of a pain. You have to be care opening and closing it. After 8 years of teaching, it is still going strong. The students seem to respect it. A couple of the drawers had chips taken out of it, but nothing major.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:25 PM
Power Poster

I have one. Can't get it put together tight enough to prevent wobbling. NOT a good use of $$ better things out there
Old 05-21-2014, 06:37 PM

I've had one for over 11 years and I love mine. You do have to make sure it's put together tightly. I use it to store items in plastic pencil boxes that you can get for $1.00 each. Each drawer holds two of the boxes with labels on top. I also store small rulers and permanent templates.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:16 AM

I looked at these but they seemed too wobbly and fall-apart-y for my needs. I tend to be rough on things so I can't deal with delicate storage units! I use Sterilite storage units; they hold up well and are usually pretty inexpensive. Sometimes I even find them at thrift shops. Just can't stack them too high and/or overload them or the drawers get hard to open & close.