Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Let's Organize Something Today >

Let's Organize Something Today

Let's Organize Something Today

Old 06-13-2016, 04:11 PM

Over the weekend I worked on the bedroom and managed to fill another large kitchen trash bag full of stuff we no longer use and that isn't in good enough shape to donate.

Today I worked on putting things away that had been piling up on every horizontal surface in my art studio--Now I can see the surface of my jewelry bench and can get to my Sizzix. Now I need to get all the junk cleared off the floor so I can get to the closet. If I can get there I may be able to actually use it for storage of stuff I use--assuming I can manage to get whatever junk is currently in there emptied out LOL.

I also emptied a couple of drawers, throwing away things that can't be donated and putting donateables in a box to go to Goodwill when it is full. It will be the second large box this month if I can keep up the momentum.

Where does all this stuff come from??????

Rob
Old 06-14-2016, 03:24 AM

Good for you, Rob! Such a liberating feeling to get the garbage out and see clear surfaces again. Keep up the progress. Just 15 minutes a day. We can do this! I say "we" because I have plenty to dejunk myself.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:22 AM

What a wonderful feeling you must have getting organized and clearing out stuff. I've always said we spend the first half of our life obtaining things and the second half of our life getting rid of them! But, good job.....sounds like you are making huge progress! ! ! Then, you can spend time on the things that you really like!
Old 06-15-2016, 09:13 AM
Power Poster

evidently you need a break. take it. go for a walk or grab your choice of beverage and sit back and relax. Take a nap!!
Originally Posted by redstilettos View Post
I finally got my son's old room painted....needed two coats, ugh! But it's been sitting idle for over a week now. I can't get the motivation to get back in there and start painting the cabinets I got for free that I want to put my material in. I know this should be a fun and exciting time, but I can't seem to get my mojo going.

I purchased an Accuquilt Go! and told myself I can't play with it until I get that room done. I have no idea why I'm not more into getting in there. Hoping to read these threads and get a little creativity going.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:01 AM

Yellow with aqua sounds lovely. I just love Aqua.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:29 AM

I'm revamping my sewing room today, with the muscular help of my 14 year old son. Wish me luck.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:45 AM

What fun Zozee! Enjoy the process, you'll be glad you did it.

Rob
Old 06-25-2016, 06:49 AM

Excellent that you have help that's a big project.

I organized all those little sheets of paper that I use while piecing a quilt. I know you ask why keep all those little pieces of paper with numbers on them. Well I've been so broke I've had to budget buying paper so I'm keeping them. And the box of petit fours that I bought has 20 little compartments in it and a tall lid so that's where I put them. True number 21 will have to share with number 1 but I can live with that. My bargellos have numbers up to 36 and their are 4 sets of them.

Then I traded the quilt pins for safety pins on the grandma's flower garden. The quilt pins kept falling out when I carried it around and with diabetes I don't want to stick myself more than necessary.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:14 AM

tkhooper - sounds like you have found good ways to keep the papers all organized. Why not keep them? They are a pattern and you'll have them if you decide to make any of those quilts again. Safety pins is a wise idea. - won't get stuck or lose a piece.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:37 PM

Default Big Board with shelves and wheels

I finally found the solution to my issue (actually my husband found this). I need to move my big board ironing board when I need to get into the closet. So, instead of dragging it across the carpet...here's what he came up with. And, it works! ! ! The big board is placed on top of this cart and there are little wooden thingies on the bottom of the board to prevent it from slipping from side to side. He put the cart together with the top shelf facing down (so the surface on top is smooth)......I love it so far...can put my iron, ironing water, starch, etc on the second shelf and still have the little third shelf to load up!
Plus, it's easy to roll around. Thought it might work for you too! (P.S. the big board is 24" wide X 52" long...so it extends a bit over the sides....but that size is perfect for me)!

(see attachment below)...
Attached Thumbnails untitled.png