Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What Color should I paint >

What Color should I paint

What Color should I paint

Old 01-17-2017, 06:19 AM
Power Poster

The ceilings are cream and the walls a very pale blue with a hint of green.
Attached Thumbnails img_2953-custom-.jpg  
Old 01-20-2017, 07:39 AM

I painted mine a pale yellow - I like that even though I do most of my sewing at night the room still looks "sun-kissed"
Old 01-29-2017, 03:30 PM

Mine is white trim , dark gray on the bottom 6" white strip in the middle with light gray on top , White ceiling & fan , painted the blades of the fan same dark grey . I love it.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:35 AM

Like many others, my sewing room is in the basement with no natural light...the walls were originally dark paneling...I chose a pale blue which really brightened the room up and its a such peaceful color. Still working on getting enough light in the room. House was built in 1970 and only had two small overhead lights. I posted a picture below, but my sewing room has actually doubled in size since I took these pictures (my husband moved our home office into our son's old room giving me the entire big room. There are advantages to an empty nest. My little craft studio (also a small spare bedroom which my daughter has currently claimed) is a creamy yellow that is very cheerful with the room's window.
Attached Thumbnails two-sewing-work-tables.jpg  
Old 01-30-2017, 09:34 AM
Power Poster

Where did you get your thread holder?
Originally Posted by Koriana View Post
Like many others, my sewing room is in the basement with no natural light...the walls were originally dark paneling...I chose a pale blue which really brightened the room up and its a such peaceful color. Still working on getting enough light in the room. House was built in 1970 and only had two small overhead lights. I posted a picture below, but my sewing room has actually doubled in size since I took these pictures (my husband moved our home office into our son's old room giving me the entire big room. There are advantages to an empty nest. My little craft studio (also a small spare bedroom which my daughter has currently claimed) is a creamy yellow that is very cheerful with the room's window.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:20 PM
Power Poster

My sewing room is an off white, I have kitchen cabinets, uppers and lowers, not much wall space. I have two big closets, the bi-fold doors are the same color. It gets afternoon sun.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
I usually use a lot of color on the walls in my house, but my sewing room is a creamy white. I wanted a neutral background so it wouldn't interfere with my color vision on whatever I was working on.
long term project to finish my basement to use for crafting/quilting. one wall of windows sized to meet fire code escapes, but shaded by overhead deck and no direct sunlight. i have daydreamed about wall colors. red makes me happy! but after reading your note ..maybe my happy color wouldn't be such a great idea in basement area to asseses colors for quilts.