Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What Color should I paint >

What Color should I paint

What Color should I paint

Old 01-09-2017, 06:29 PM

My room was already pale yellow so I kept it. I faces East so it get the morning sun and the big window allow lots of daylight into the room. [ATTACH=CONFIG]565361[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 100_1742.jpg  
Old 01-10-2017, 04:33 AM

I think it is white...but with shelves and stacks of stuff who knows??? I haven't seen the walls in years. I saw the floor last month and it was burgundy carpet. But that's gone now also. I am not neat. Understatement
Old 01-10-2017, 05:00 AM

Mine is a soft, pale yellow, very similar to mamagrande's picture above. I love it because it reflects light well, but not harshly like a pure white wall. To me, it is a very soothing color.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:53 AM

Mine is very neutral - almost white to keep things bright and cheery. It's all personal preference.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by jeanneb52 View Post
I think it is white...but with shelves and stacks of stuff who knows??? I haven't seen the walls in years. I saw the floor last month and it was burgundy carpet. But that's gone now also. I am not neat. Understatement
I'm with you, Jeanne! How refreshing that there is someone else who isn't neat and okay with it. I have so many shelves and bulletin boards and peg boards that I know the walls are off white but you can barely see them
Old 01-10-2017, 02:52 PM

*waves my hand* I'm a clutterbug too! I am at my most creative amidst a certain amount of chaos, so a couple of you would feel right at home in my sewing room. Most of you would probably be horrified!

Mine are a light neutral tan; same color as most of the rest of the house. My sewing room is the living room and my house sort of just goes room to room without any clear indication where one stops and the other ends, so the entire downstairs space and up the stairwell is all the same tan color.

If I had a "private" room that I could paint any color, I'd do the walls in flat black. It sounds crazy but I've had that in a craft room before and I loved it! In a room with black walls I feel like I'm in a MASSIVE space; the walls just vanish. I am an insomniac so I'm often working in my room at odd late hours - during the day when the windows are lit the illusion is gone, but if the windows are dark, it's like I'm sitting in infinite space. I miss that room! I'd love to do that in our bedroom, DH is on the fence about it. I think I'm slowly winning.

People thought I was totally crazy, but most people who saw the room were surprised at how spacious it made the (very small) room feel. When I sold that house it wasn't too hard to paint over; just a quick layer of primer and the walls went back to white very easily.

I miss that room. My living room space is much larger, but I miss the privacy of my own little space.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:02 PM

My room is a Meander Blue....it's a light tropical blue leaning a little towards an aqua. We ripped up the old carpet and painted the subfloor a darker marine blue with an outdoor porch paint. We'll eventually put hardwood down when ready to do the rest of the upstairs, but I love the pale blue room and dark blue floor. I love the beach and that color reminds me of of the ocean.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:20 PM

My room is a cream color because when it was built that was the paint I had left over from my house. All my trim, cabinets and furniture is white. My floor is gray laminate. It's my happy place and I love working in my own little building.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:29 AM

Creamy buttermilk- just a slight hint of pale yellow! Woodwork is white.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:30 PM

Well, we moved last July and really downsized. I still haven't gotten into my sewing room (small one at that). One of my sons is sleeping on a mattress in the middle of the room. But will be gone very soon. Anyways, I had already made sewing machine covers, ironing board covers and a window valance with a fabric that has a light mossy green background and lilacs on it. Loved the very real looking flowers and lilacs are my favorite flower....so I'm painting my walls light lilac...can't wait to get into that mess !!