Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: My first "one block wonder", not sure I'm thrilled with it (WIP)

I really like it a lot and would not believe it was from that panel! Please post when you are finished so we can see what
    you end up doing!

It will be fun to see what you end up with. Try one turn clockwise with your first arrangement. You have made such a gorgeous start.
    Cleodaisy

OK, so after last weekend's debacle, I re-hung my design wall (four nails plus clips should now keep the darn thing up!) and started over completely fresh with the layout.

I think I'm pretty happy with this one. I decided to break up the blues and I think it gives it more interest. And I've also decided that I'm just going to have to accept that there won't be a whole lot of smooth transitioning between areas, simply because there aren't enough blocks that include both the amber/golden color and the blue.

I'm "missing" one blue block up at the top right, but I found a dark blue batik with little lighter blue specks that I am going to use for the border that matches some of the fabric REALLY well. I am just going to make one more hexagon out of that fabric and blend it in. I don't think anybody will notice! Then I'll use black hexagons and triangles to even out the edges, then I'll have 4 narrow-ish borders to bring it out to the size I want; black, blue w/specks batik, narrower gold/amber batik, then black again. I'm aiming for 72x72.

Here's where it's at now; I'm going to let it sit and see how I like it tomorrow morning. If I still like it tomorrow, this is the final and I'll start sewing it all together!

Thanks everybody, for all your input on this one.

Name:  oneblock_2.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  175.5 KB

QM
    What an ordeal! Imagine having to enter an LQS.

Your new version looks much more interesting. Hurray for you.

That looks like fun. Nice job!

Power Poster
    It looks cool! Very creative! Nice job!

it is looking awesome so far
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Love your quilt! It is looking great to me.
    Patchwork Crazy!!!

It looks great to me.
    I am definately happy and very fulfilled when I am quilting, buying material or reading other quilter's messages on this quilting board.

I wanted a kaleidoscope quilt larger and showing off the individual blocks and used setting triangles of a dark navy in between the blocks creating a star type secondary design. I really liked the way it showed off the patterns of each block. Sorry I don't have a picture. It went to my sister in law for Christmas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3