Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some help...OK a lot of help.

Need some help...OK a lot of help.

I am planning my Christmas projects and gathering fabrics, patterns etc. My son's girlfriend likes bright colors, I do not, so there are only a limited amount of them in my stash. I am having so much trouble just picking them out. So I decided to start with a pattern, it will be a lap quilt. I found a quick pattern that I can use a layer cake for. I thought that would help me put the colors together. So...here is the pattern and I picked out a tonga treat. Someone please tell me if you think this will work or is going to look dead. Where there is white sashing I am going to use black. Any advice would be great! Now I hope I can attach these pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    You haven't had enough coffee until you can thread a sewing machine while it's running.

Those who wish to sing, always find a song. ~Swedish Proverb

Blog Entries
    it looks to me like it will be beautiful. I love bright colors. I love your colors. I don't think it will look dead, because there are a lot of bright lights etc.

Your first picture of Gumdro[ tonga looks bright. The colors in the quilt on the second quilt look soft and quiet.

Blog Entries
    I think it will just perfect! Black sashing will set it off!
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

The bottom is just the pattern I decided to use since I could let a layer cake pick the colors. LOL I was going to go with the layer cake used in the pattern but DS said it was too tame! I thought black sashing would pop the colors. I am leaning toward the reddish purple (top row, second from the left) as a border. I am way out of my comfort zone here so all suggestions and opinions are very welcomed!
    You haven't had enough coffee until you can thread a sewing machine while it's running.

Blog Entries
    The colors are gorgeous and black will set them off beautifully.
    Helen T.

Personally I think that the bright colors will pop next to the black bordering. Yes, definately, go for it!!

Nice selection and pattern. I tend to wait until the design of the quilt is made and then see what colors speak to me for a border. She must be a special gal!

piney

I generally wait on the border also. I am just trying to picture the whole thing. Getting myself ready for these intense colors . The reddish purple may be too dark with the black actually. I just like that one. LOL

Black sashing with those colors will really make them pop. Your choice of the purple would be great. It's still bright, but with the black in it, it will finish the edges off nicely.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast