Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I'm upset...he didn't like it (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/im-upset-he-didnt-like-t50404.html)

SuziC 06-20-2010 03:18 AM

You should feel proud anyway! Sometimes the people we love the most are the ones who hurt us the deepest. Just know in your heart it was a Beautiful Gift!! He just doesn't understand the craft and what it takes to make something like that. I'm sending you a big HUG!!!!!

watterstide 06-20-2010 03:20 AM

well I love it! so sorry your feelings were hurt. I wish my dad was still alive to make him something like this. it is wonderful.

and i would go back to his house and get it back. give it to a veteran of any war!

ranger 06-20-2010 03:44 AM

I like it. I feel for you, but don't let this rob you of the joy you got from making and giving this quilt. I know it's hard when love ones treat us badly but try to let the negative stuff float away.

#1piecemaker 06-20-2010 03:49 AM

I'm so sorry that you got your feelings hurt. Men are often insensitive to women's feelings and say unkind things. they don't mean it. They are just men. Go back and get your wallhanging and tell your father that you are sorry he didn't like the gift you gave him and that if he'll design what he'd like to have, you'll make it for him. A relationship between a father and daughter is a special one. Cherish the times you have and remember that even thouugh he is your daddy, he's just a man.

ann clare 06-20-2010 03:58 AM

I know how you feel especially since its your first. Hugs to you.

Nanjun 06-20-2010 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by taiboo
I know it's not perfect, but I MADE it for him....I didn't even get a thank you :-( he just folded it and put it aside.

Your father was not thinking of the time and effort you put into this lovely piece of work. Some people dont know how to be grateful.
I like it and think it is patriotic enuf.

Mundy 06-20-2010 04:14 AM

hugs from Mich I loved it

mms61371 06-20-2010 04:22 AM

I think it is beautiful! After years of my mother constantly trying to find flaws in everything I do, and I do mean constantly. My husband told me one day that the only people that matter should be him and my two children. And he said that they are very proud of me and love everything that I do. I love that amazing man! I know it struck a nerve but things that don't kill us make us stronger. And my solution, I stopped making things for my mother. Now, when she sees something I make she tells me how beautiful it is. But if it was for her she would find problems with it. I'm sorry you got hurt. But we are all here for you. I hope you have a great day! And again your quilt is gorgeous! :lol:

sewnsew 06-20-2010 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by taiboo
My husband felt REALLY bad about it and loved it and today asked me if tomorrow he could go to my local LQS and buy me the accu-go that i have been waiting for July to get in order to receive my bday discount my lqs offers...LOL...I had to fess up that i already bought it online for almost $100 cheaper LOL and it will be here on Tues. OPPPS

What a sweet husband !!!! Think good thoughts of him today. I know you know how lucky you are ! It might help lessen your hurt a little, at least for today.
BTW, your wallhanging is really lovely and very patriotic ! Think of all the GOOD firsts you experienced while making it, and continue to enjoy your quilting. SMILE !

stitchinwitch 06-20-2010 04:57 AM

This is SHOCKING!!! We feel so bad for you ---------- makes me wonder how it was growing up with him as a father figure. What did your mom say?