Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

mim 09-20-2011 09:57 AM

My goodness GML -- that is beautiful !! I kept seeing all sorts of patterns in it the longer I looked -- you were so right to call it "controlled scrappy. The consistent use of the fabrics made the patterns. Thanks for sharing -- Mim

Originally Posted by gml
Hi everyone. Pls see my colour controlled scrappy baby quilt. Pattern from Bonnie Hunter's website - Hidden Pinwheel.

GML

QuiltnLady1 09-20-2011 02:26 PM

Grammy Dwynn -- what a wonderful thread!!!! I have been through it several times and the quilts are absolutely awesome. I have a scrappy Christmas quilt that I started and put away -- now I have to get it out and finish it!!

Thank you everyone who has shared their wonderful quilts!!!!

Just-Lee 09-21-2011 04:56 AM

WONDERFUL THREAD!!!! I have viewed all pages and now I need to go back and save favorites!! :) They are all just spectacular!!

mim 09-21-2011 05:52 AM

I agree with you -- I love scrappy quilts and these are inspiring !! -- Mim

Originally Posted by Just-Lee
WONDERFUL THREAD!!!! I have viewed all pages and now I need to go back and save favorites!! :) They are all just spectacular!!

Izy 09-21-2011 06:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Oh the show just keeps getting better and better!

Sorry Grammy, I forgot to add a finished picture of my quilt!

Mind you it has had such a fantastic response since I posted it , I don't think there are many that have missed it...but just in case here it is! ;-)

Izy 09-21-2011 06:52 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MaryAnna

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by Quilt Fan
That is beautiful. You have so many different fabric pieces. Is there a name for the pattern?

Not sure if you mean my quilt thanks!.... but just in case you do, it is a variation of the Jacob's Ladder pattern, of which there are several. Basically it is made from 4 patches and HST in a 9 patch formation. Three 4 Patches running diagonally, with the HST placed with dark sides touching 4 Patches and two opposite corners turned dark side out which form the diamonds when blocks are turned...clear as mud?

:lol: :D

OK, Izy, you'll have to do a tutorial on this process now...because it is clear as mud! LOL!
Blessings,
MaryAnna

You want me to do a tute on how to make a 4 patch or HST?? Oh come on you ALL know how to do that by now don't you?? LOL

It really is just the way you lay them out in the individual blocks, have a close look at these pictures and hopefully you can work it out!

;-)

This is eight blocks lay out, you can see how you turn the blocks to create the diamonds and cross pattern!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]260437[/ATTACH]

Back side of one block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]260438[/ATTACH]

quiltinghere 09-21-2011 08:00 PM

BeautifulBeautiful

Teddybear Lady 09-21-2011 08:58 PM

What! Only 39 pages of beautiful scrappy quilts. I guess it's time for me to go to bed then since it's almost midnight. I guess you all know what I will be dreaming about...beautiful scrappy quilts made from my scraps. :thumbup:

Teddybear Lady 09-21-2011 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady
What! Only 39 pages of beautiful scrappy quilts. I guess it's time for me to go to bed then since it's almost midnight. I guess you all know what I will be dreaming about...beautiful scrappy quilts made from my scraps. :thumbup:

By the way, my avatar is a scrappy apple core I'm working on.

Annaleehunter 09-21-2011 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn
Some of you were talking (Main) about liking (or not liking) scrappy quilts. And I thought we should have our own SHOW.

If you have a scrappy quilt ~ controlled or not please share!

Here are the ones that I have made over the years and have only put a very small dent in my scrap pile :roll:

:mrgreen:
Show us your scrappy

Never thought I liked scrappy's till I saw yours! Maybe I will loosen up!