Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Sick about this >

Sick about this

Sick about this

Old 03-12-2010, 09:46 PM

Pam, your quilt is stunning, and Green Fairy did such an amazing job on the quilting. I went to her site to see all of the pics there, and I keep going back to look at it. I am so sorry about the line. I'm with those that say to incorporate the shadow into the title. It is still gorgeous!
Old 03-12-2010, 10:21 PM
joy

Stunning... no other word describes it... enter that quilt and stop the show.... I can just imagine the crowds gazing in awe !!!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:45 AM

I don't see it. Your quilt is stunning!
Old 03-13-2010, 05:47 AM
Power Poster

Pam, I'm glad you've made your decision....I just love that quilt sooo much!
Old 03-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by shopbelt
Years ago I entered this doll in a county fair. She wasn't perfect either and I was told she would never place because I chose the wrong wig... etc. What Ever! - long story short, she won best in category and best in show.

You just never know!
That is a beautiful doll, I would treasure it for ever. thank you for sharing. Penny
Old 03-13-2010, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by penny doty
That is a beautiful doll, I would treasure it for ever. thank you for sharing. Penny
Thank you... she was my first attempt at an antique reproduction and she has several flaws. I made her without a class - just copying and didn't really know what I was doing. I made the dress out of gauze, and those are my grandmother's pearl buttons - true antiques.

My point was that sometimes the judges overlook the flaws because they like what they see. And I absolutely LOVE this quilt! I wish I had the talent to make quilts this lovely.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by shopbelt
Originally Posted by penny doty
Thank you... she was my first attempt at an antique reproduction and she has several flaws. I made her without a class - just copying and didn't really know what I was doing. I made the dress out of gauze, and those are my grandmother's pearl buttons - true antiques.

My point was that sometimes the judges overlook the flaws because they like what they see. And I absolutely LOVE this quilt! I wish I had the talent to make quilts this lovely.
Your very welcome. And I too wish I had that kind of talent. Penny
Old 03-13-2010, 01:00 PM

Most often when you do what you love, you'll be good at it. When I was first starting out in my career, a real one after working in dead-end jobs, an older co-worker told me, "Do what you love, the money will come."

I'm not quilting for the money and might never make a red cent from it but, the advice still applies.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:03 PM

I've been working all morning on getting the quilt ready to bind. I trimmed it square, ironed/pieced/starched and folded the binding and ready to put it on.

Need something for lunch first before I start that. I hope to get it all done, including the hand sewing on the back, this weekend. Also need to get the sleeve done and good pictures taken if I'm going to enter it into a certain show that has a looming deadline.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Power Poster

Those things will finish up quickly for you Pam...Best of luck to you in the show! I know it will turn many a head, no matter what!