Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Starting another quilt top >

Starting another quilt top

Starting another quilt top

Old 10-01-2010, 03:15 AM

Here are my completed disappearing 9 blocks, I will finish sewing them Sunday due to company coming this weekend.
Originally Posted by carolaug
I must be turning into a quilter...I am making another quilt top before finishing my other one. I decided to put the borders and binding on them both at the same time. I am going to make a disappearing 9 patch block using the 9 strip block method. I am playing around with the colors still...debating on if I should use three different colors or just these two. I will post pictures as I go along. You can also see my progress and instructions on http://www.thriftyideastoday.com/ - this is the first time I am trying the strip method for the disappearing nine block so I hope it come out nice. I think I may do several different 9 blocks with other fabrics.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-106104.jpe  
Old 10-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Power Poster

Oooo very pretty!!! Excellent choices :D:D:D
Old 10-03-2010, 11:52 AM

I have decided to use the store bought cheap quilt in the guest room..(its never been used.) for the backing and batting. Fingers crossed...I have never made anything bigger than a babies quilt and only two....I just came back from the store...OH My...I am becoming addicted...I bought Maroon to make a frame around each block, and tan leaf print for the border. I may have to buy some more material to make it a few borders. I am looking in a few quilt books for some ideas.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:57 PM

this picture is my pile of the sown blocks on top of each other...out of the way till tomorrow. I finally decided what to do with these blocks...I worked on another since I had a mind block...I decided to try sashing 1/1/2 inch I have it half done. So far I am liking it. I am hoping to make this a double bed size for my father who served in the war in Japan. He has been talking about his visit to Japan a lot lately, so I thought he may enjoy it.
I must be turning into a quilter...I am making another quilt top before finishing my other one. I decided to put the borders and binding on them both at the same time. I am going to make a disappearing 9 patch block using the 9 strip block method. I am playing around with the colors still...debating on if I should use three different colors or just these two. I will post pictures as I go along. You can also see my progress and instructions on http://www.thriftyideastoday.com/ - this is the first time I am trying the strip method for the disappearing nine block so I hope it come out nice. I think I may do several different 9 blocks with other fabrics.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-106136.jpe  
Old 10-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Power Poster

Wow. What a beautiful quilt this will make. I'm hoping to do a D9P, keep pushing it forward.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:26 AM

Here are my completed disappearing 9 blocks, I will finish sewing them Sunday due to company coming this weekend.
I would love to see some of the squares together without the sashing to see what other illusions come. That is what I like about the D9P, you can't tell where the original block is.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:43 AM

Here is the 9 block before I cut them to a disappearing block.
Originally Posted by grann of 6
I would love to see some of the squares together without the sashing to see what other illusions come. That is what I like about the D9P, you can't tell where the original block is.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-109236.jpe  
Old 10-17-2010, 04:44 AM

I am tying to figure out the sashing...hope it does not end up ruining my quilt...hard to line up. ok...back to sashing....argh....
Old 10-17-2010, 04:50 AM

How did you cut the nine patch squares to make it a disappearing nine patch?
Old 10-17-2010, 04:53 AM

The quilt is pretty but I have trouble looking at it. My eyes go straight to your gorgeous kitty =^..^=