Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Starting another quilt top >

Starting another quilt top

Starting another quilt top

Old 10-17-2010, 06:41 AM
Power Poster

Great so far! :)
Old 10-17-2010, 07:09 AM

Aurgh...I was one block is not like the others...I was so excited when I found a block all together in my stash. Now I remember why....it was one that I cut to big. I just noticed it when I took my picture. I am not removing it since I have no more of that material. I am trying to figure out what I can do to make it look like it belongs there...hubby says to sign it or add something to the block that says I made it.
Originally Posted by carolaug
this picture is my pile of the sown blocks on top of each other...out of the way till tomorrow. I finally decided what to do with these blocks...I worked on another since I had a mind block...I decided to try sashing 1/1/2 inch I have it half done. So far I am liking it. I am hoping to make this a double bed size for my father who served in the war in Japan. He has been talking about his visit to Japan a lot lately, so I thought he may enjoy it.
I must be turning into a quilter...I am making another quilt top before finishing my other one. I decided to put the borders and binding on them both at the same time. I am going to make a disappearing 9 patch block using the 9 strip block method. I am playing around with the colors still...debating on if I should use three different colors or just these two. I will post pictures as I go along. You can also see my progress and instructions on http://www.thriftyideastoday.com/ - this is the first time I am trying the strip method for the disappearing nine block so I hope it come out nice. I think I may do several different 9 blocks with other fabrics.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-109782.jpe  
Old 10-17-2010, 11:15 AM

Done for this weekend. Next week end I will put on two more borders. Then if I have time the border. I think I may try and do a stitch in the ditch to quilt it. If I use the invisible thread it may look ok. I hate the thought of totally ruining it.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-112304.jpe  
Old 10-25-2010, 02:29 AM

Finished...; )
Done for this weekend. Next week end I will put on two more borders. Then if I have time the border. I think I may try and do a stitch in the ditch to quilt it. If I use the invisible thread it may look ok. I hate the thought of totally ruining it.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-104987.jpe